Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SOUTHWICK
 Login/Join

posted
Very strange location for a MX track! Go to middle of Small Town USA turn left ,go two blocks off the main street past the school,and right behind the football field there is the track! Talked with localls who live there and THEY DON"T MIND THE TRACK ON THE EDGE OF TOWN-TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM WHAT I SEE IN BOTH OR&WA!!
RACE TRACK
Somewhat small ,long due to the up-down switchbacks,very few jumps,and TOTALLY SAND!TAPIA FANS REJOICE he did GREAT in qualifing!!
Dowd fans he was impressive on Fri on a "dry" track as well as Sat on the wet one,VERY IMPRESSIVE!
Race conditions were much harder then what you see on TV.Track was very rough as we saw a rider get pitched on a straight in front of the mech area.
Crowd at this race,,there wasn't one,you could look along the fence and there was as many gaps as people,not sure what the normal turnout is but this looked way small. The hype on TV,live internet,NASCAR wannabe,not sure how the tracks are going to make it if the turnout keeps droping? Talk is that we will see lots of changes next year as to who will not be at the races! JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JR. Elaborate.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
JR. Elaborate
Ted for you: Google Maps

Has "Route 66" turned into the "I-90"

Dude one has to wonder?

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ted
Not sure what on? guess as to changes?? Hear about "factory" people looking for job next year on privateer teams. Lots of the vendors are talking about "downsizing" or just not going due to their cost again when you only get half the crowd why do they still collect 100% of the fee? One round to go,been "REAL" and been "FUN" just not sure if its been "REAL FUN"
Workman
Looked at Sat. view ,neat. Not sure it gives t same feel as being there as to how much in ttown you have while there? JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the updates JR!!

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
Man..... someday I would like to be in a position to go take a summer tour of all 12 nationals in my yet-to-exist NaPalm Racing Sprinter Van or something.

It would be a damn fun summer vacation, a chance to see a big chunk of our country and one hell of a tax deduction since I would be doing promoting of course Big Grin

Someday I'll make it happen if I can manage to stay motivated through these tough times.

Thanks for the updates!

Posts: 1055 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Wed May 05 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post