New
Find
Notify
Tools

b sharkey track
 Login/Join

Picture of B Sharkey
posted
some c whos crazy kid is this, he just showed up tonight. he put a whoopin on #916

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dogz450F
posted Hide Post
LJ #224 has found the Honey Hole out at the Sharkey Compound!! We had a blast thanks Brian.

Posts: 226 | Location: Snotown | Registered: Mon June 27 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
We need to get a new and improved helmet cam lap around the Sharkbait nationals....

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Could it be a little Sharky?

Not quite sure about da punk on da yellow beast but I'm thinking he's got a shot at our #1 pro practicer 916.

Check out yellow's cross-up!

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ivest4
posted Hide Post
Sharkbait did you get that table in the middle tuned up?? I thought the track was a blast. Thanks for letting me tune up your berms for you!

Posts: 388 | Location: Arlington | Registered: Tue January 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that was a lot of fun last night for sure. I was glad to have Brendan be able to ride with Spence and Langdon.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Workman #21:
Could it be a little Sharky?

Not quite sure about da punk on da yellow beast but I'm thinking he's got a shot at our #1 pro practicer 916.

Check out yellow's cross-up!
not yet ken but hes getting there. one of his buddies was there last night(hes about a year ahead of my son experience wise)but my son was having some issues with his bike and had a few spills, heading up to hannagen tomorrow to race

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
"issues with his bike" Dang! when you gonna teach the kid (must be 6 years old) to fix his own machine.

Air/Fuel/Ignition...never to early to learn the basics. Can't wait till the physics like the gravity-sucks stuff kicks in.

Remember this is what I say "1.467" and PIE, 3.14159265 hope that's accurate cause it's been 20 years since I used it last, of MX. Feet-per-second divided by Miles-Per-Hour.

I use it all the time in MX just like I use "1.732" (the tangent of 30 degrees) as a base point. 1.732 equates to the-opposite-over-the-adjacent sides of a triangle and we all know that launch angle is a function of both. "1.732" and "1.4657" are about all I need to figure (in my head) what it takes to clear a double and in what gear. All I gotta do now is believe it.

Clarence! I need help getting over those Burnt Ridge triples and I know your a numbers guy. Dude what will it take?

Is it in the Math or my belly?

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Workman #21:
I use it all the time in MX just like I use "1.732" (the tangent of 30 degrees) as a base point. 1.732 equates to the-opposite-over-the-adjacent sides of a triangle and we all know that launch angle is a function of both. "1.732" and "1.4657" are about all I need to figure (in my head) what it takes to clear a double and in what gear.

KW, how does all those number, pies and tangent thingies equate to telling you what gear to wear on a given day? i don't think wearing Fox vs Answer will get you over the BR triple. What will get you over is
2/3 thottle and your red wonder rocket...(but i case it 1 out of 5 attempts so don't listen to me)... but definitly hold off on the subway till afterwards.. Wink Big Grin

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Well ToneShow it works out like this!

Mass divided by HP over Subway's most magnificent "Toasted Jalapeno, Onion and Olive Steak & Cheese topped with Chipotle sauce sandwich" (Doc says I can't have anymore) divided by an X-factor of 1.785 (empirically gathered data from material deformation calcs) divided by the tangent-of-half-the-launch-angle and you got velocity. Velocity of what (grins) I don't know but what I do know is that a good sandwich every now and then beats velocity every time.

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
And to think that when I first got into Moto, Wilcox always told me "just hit er 3rd gear tapped..."

Picture of Ivest4
posted Hide Post
KW you've got those triples all day! Give er a 3 quarter throttle, 3rd gear Braaappp and you're there!! And what are you talking about with the belly? You're as skinny as I am!! Big Grin

Posts: 388 | Location: Arlington | Registered: Tue January 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post