New
Find
Notify
Tools

PRO Practice
 Login/Join

Picture of E.W. #849
posted
I was talking with Dom at the first PRO race about this. Practice is taking too long.
Riders are riding 2-3 classes. Do they really need 2-3 two lap practices? Why not everyone get ONE 5-6 lap practice and be done with it. I know riders are riding different bikes. Its the same brain riding around the track though. If you need to switch bikes, then switch bikes in the middle of practice.
Simple as that.
It would save more time in the end. You wouldn't be running 20 different practices at 2 laps each.
More time saved is longer motos in the end!!!

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As it was-11 practices @ an average of 3 laps=33 laps of practice. If you take out the extra classes, you have 7 classes and give them 5 laps=35 laps of practice- your're not saving time, the only thing that will happen is people bi%#^ing that they didn't get another class for their other bike.

Posts: 67 | Location: bonney lake | Registered: Wed December 31 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you would actually save some time because you don't have the downtime/wait getting everyone off the track and starting the next.
It would also help the people that only get one class to practice...

Posts: 18 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Fri March 14 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Yup!! There is alot of time lost between the start of the next practice. 1 min here....1 min there.... after 20 practices. That is 20 mins saved right there.
Practice is practice to learn the track. If you think your going to become magicaly fast by getting another practice, its not going to happen. Thats why you train and practice on the days you dont race.
The bad habbits you have are not going to changed by taking another practice.
Tom... I know what you mean. No matter what you do, you will still have the angry pee wee parrents.

quote:
Originally posted by mxnut:
I think you would actually save some time because you don't have the downtime/wait getting everyone off the track and starting the next.
It would also help the people that only get one class to practice...

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
If I pay for two classes, I want two practices. If the second class is cheaper then that's OK. I'm already subsidizing the pro purse, at least give me my paid amount of bike time. And Eric it may not make you faster but it does give you a chance to tweak suspension settings and try the new one out before the first moto.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How does Washougal get through them so quickly for the ameteur nationals? Just asking cause they seem to get through them quite quickly. Personally I dont have a problem with signing up for 3 classes and only getting 2 practices. One practice for warm up and second practice to get into race mode. Just my .02

Posts: 295 | Location: Sultan Wa | Registered: Wed November 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pike 62
posted Hide Post
Lets just skip practice all together......do that on your own time.

Besides.....it never seems to help me anyway! Smile

Posts: 148 | Location: Glendale, Ca | Registered: Sat February 03 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eric, I definetly agree with you on this!!! I talked to garret at the orv rally in olympia about this. All those practices take way to long. We are there to race not practice. They dont need 2 rounds of practice. One round is all you need to get to know the track. Thats what practice is. Garret agreed and said that a few people had said the same thing. Round 3 and 4 seemed to go alot faster and smoother. i vote for one round of practice with a late practice for those that are actually late and lets get racing!! My 2 cents.

Posts: 108 | Location: Everett,Wa | Registered: Wed March 16 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Less riding???

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
It really wont be that much less riding. Especially if the promoter gets really efficient at running this type of speedy practice... you could get longer motos.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Start practice at 7:00 or 7:30 at the latest and run the one practice deal but make it four laps. I know people pay for two classes and want two practices but it's really two RACES that are being paid for. I also know that people warm up differently and some take more time to learn the track but with one practice for all its the same for everyone.

With this it would allow for at least one more lap in each race class...to me that is a better deal. Too much practice is just more time to wad it up riding on a crowded track too. It may never happen but just some thoughts.

Posts: 157 | Location: kent, wa, usa | Registered: Tue January 13 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Next time you guys are at Washougal, time the practice.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Open Class
posted Hide Post
YES!!!

quote:
Originally posted by smail:
Start practice at 7:00 or 7:30 at the latest and run the one practice deal but make it four laps. I know people pay for two classes and want two practices but it's really two RACES that are being paid for. I also know that people warm up differently and some take more time to learn the track but with one practice for all its the same for everyone.

With this it would allow for at least one more lap in each race class...to me that is a better deal. Too much practice is just more time to wad it up riding on a crowded track too. It may never happen but just some thoughts.

---------------------------------------------------------------
"You, you, and you: panic. The rest of you come with me"

Posts: 722 | Location: An island in the middle of a lake | Registered: Sun January 07 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Me too Open Class
quote:

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I think we should just all get together and practice all day.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
I dont know about this whole gettin up at 700 or 730 how about pros practice at 9 and race at 10 11 12 1 2 3 that sounds like a winner there. How about payin 25+ also that would be great. hahaha seriously that would be ideal.

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crater:
I dont know about this whole gettin up at 700 or 730 how about pros practice at 9 and race at 10 11 12 1 2 3 that sounds like a winner there. How about payin 25+ also that would be great. hahaha seriously that would be ideal.

The timed pro moto's sounds like a winner to me too.

The Asian Sensation - Stirring Sh** Since '89.

Posts: 693 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue November 30 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I agree with this as well. One four lap practice should be more than enough to figure out the track and warm up.

Posts: 295 | Location: Sultan Wa | Registered: Wed November 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
For this old guy, I still need two practices. The first one is for getting the joints warmed up and at least one crash. The second is for another crash and learn the track.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL. Point well taken Paul. If I still raced I would probably need the same.