E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Racing  Hop To Forums  Northwest AX Nationals    Turn Up the Heat! Fri 12/19, Sat 12/20
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Turn Up the Heat! Fri 12/19, Sat 12/20
 Login/Join

<lee>
posted
Just wanted to let everyone know that we are doing what we can here at the Evergreen State Fairgrounds to get some heat. There are two huge heaters inside and we are working on getting maintenance to come out and fire them up. Also, we are going to try and open up the big clubhouse in the back of the arena. We will get the fireplace going and put some tables out there for riders and families to have a warm place to hang out if they need it.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
How does the road look coming in from the south

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<lee>
posted
We drove in at 12 and it was clear sailing and 65mph all the way. What a difference a day makes. We will have the heat on this evening and on Saturday night.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
I just scouted the 202 from North Bend to Fall City, that's where the Snoqualmie Falls hill is (roughest part on the back road drive to Monroe) and it was clear and wet and sanded alot. The I-90 to I-405 looks pretty good, dry and wet no ice and that was with air temps at 25F a little after noon.

For you easties heading west I'd suggest the I-90 to I-405 route, me, I'm taking the back roads.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what was tougher tonight. Riding around the parking lot or the track itself.

The Asian Sensation - Stirring Sh** Since '89.

Posts: 693 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue November 30 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
It was nice and warm inside the building tonight!

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
good job lee it was nice inside, my truck said 9 degrees when we left at 900

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
it was actually alot better inside this evening. I gotta say that the parkinglot gets my vote for most difficult part of the event to ride. there should be some good crashes tomorrow. so people watch yourself in the pits. hahaha but seriously. and the whoops will be a seperator for the first time of the year. thanks lee.

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Be very very careful tonight. whether predictionis big time wind and big time snow

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
anyonenot going tonight due to the weather? Im a little worried that with the 50+ mph winds the power could be an issue tonight?

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
oh yea turn on the heat on the night we cant make it.I got one 4x4 and have to drive my wife to Kent to watch my daughter compete in gymnastics.So this storm should turn my 1 1/2 hour drive into a 4 hour ......Id rather be racing...

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
Wish I could make it, to watch... still on crutches and it's difficult in the ice... We were planning to go but with the expected high winds and the fact that my town was named to be one of the worse... we are staying put. Frown

Good luck!!!

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crater:
anyonenot going tonight due to the weather? Im a little worried that with the 50+ mph winds the power could be an issue tonight?

I'd be duct taping a lantern to my handlebars if I were you Big Grin

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
THANK you all very much. My wife thought I was the only loon on a MC!Those who went to the AX race tonight are way more hardcore than I. WOW "way smarter" now bunch "way hardcore " must be getting soft in my golden years. Please post the results our "local AX race at Clark Co. was cancled. Thanks !! JR
was that #9 for real in temp?? WOW

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 716
posted Hide Post
I stopped by the track to say "hi", check out the track and drop off a couple sets of suspension. Then, get back over the pass before they close it.
At 3pm, my truck temp said 17 degrees. It had to be at least 45 on the track though, because it felt comfortable compared to outside. Might need to run those heaters more often.
The track looked good, most importantly, it wasn't frozen.

Posts: 202 | Location: Cle Elum, WA USA | Registered: Tue November 25 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Yup those heater are the hot ticket. When I got there at 4:00 my truck temp said 20F. When I walked into the lobby it was warmer than outside, but it always is, the real shocker was how warm it was in the arena. Wahoo! I wanted to breakout the beach lounger and kick back. Wow winter racing in the NW just made a major leap forward.

Turn out was light about 60 in the stands, most of the series players (MXers) made it. Classes weren't packed but respectable. Pace was fast. We got to half time by 5:45 or so. Int's put on a good show with #621 and #418 working their way through a combined JR-Int class but at the end of the day the results sheet will say that a Jr beat an Int. #831 didn't always start well but with good line choice and determination he moved to the front and stayed there and held it.

Beginner class continues to be what it is and in so doing provides the viewing audience a treat. Get-off's, tee-bones, pushing and shoving, whiskey throttles, whoops and I don't mean sorry-my-bad. What are we gonna do when there's no more beginner class?

Pro turnout was lite cept when it was heavy which it wasn't cause 7 guys raced all night. 450's race the 250 class and 250's the 125 so when are we gonna get a class that reads "common sense" 125, 250 and Open. Abrigo showed everyone how to get around our climate controlled manicured race track by doing what he does dominate. He did it in the 125 where they race 250's and in the 250 where 450's. He won. #949 (Shon Wilson) kept Ryan (Abrigo) honest by pinning his CRF250 till the valves floated or was that the black box cutting (or do they cut out?). Sporting a ugly (to the bone) gash, from a crash a couple weeks ago, Shon took his red wonder machine to a fourth and a second behind Ryan. He was the only one that could keep Ryan in sight and Ryan confirmed it checking Shon's position. Somebody tell Shon it's 250's in 125 and 450's in 250 will ya. He looked good all night llike he was getting his form back. Good talking to both he and his dad and seeing pop get excited about son doing well. I'm thinking it was the red wonder machine making the diff. just think what he could do if he were sport'n a Subway "Toasted Jalapeno, Onion and Olive Steak & Cheese topped with Chipotle sauce sandwich" in his belly.

Results. It's tough but I'll try.

125 pro: 103,372,759,949
250 pro: 103, 949,372, 89, 759, 317

Want real excitement..the 203 Hwy from Duval to Monroe. Don't do it backroads pretty much s~!k. I-450 heading home ok enough but amazed at snow accumulation by 8:00PM. The dry kind of snow but then again it was 25F. All that paled when compared to blowing a half dozen snow drifts (that weren't there 5hr before) to get to my driveway. Werked my gray beast's (Dodge PU w/Hemi) throttle just hope'n my butt warmer seats would continue to work for another half mile.

Track: Mild to easy. 4 lanes again cept start was on far side leading into a mid lane. 180 left into 10 whoops then 180 right into tall single to small table and 2 sets of doubles then along end of arena over a hump type double and 90 to a single jump and parallel far arena wall straight. Make the last 180 and yer back to ware you started.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Workman #21,

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rad_mxer317
posted Hide Post
It was good, really really cold outside but decent inside, i could have done better tonight but am sick. drive home monroe to olympia took about an hour more than usual it was pretty gnarly out there.

Posts: 1034 | Location: TUMWATER | Registered: Tue November 25 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Workman
EXCELLENT as usual! JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of honda 250r
posted Hide Post
Ya Jeff sorry your bike was messed up and had to ride Adams you would have did a lot better.Hope your feeling better, chicken noodle soup and a hot cup of green tea will fix ya right up..Ha Ha Adam was looking good got 3rd agin whipped it threw the whoops good. Can find anything about hooking up the fmf megabomb or about getting just fmf mid pipe all I see are complete systems,,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: honda 250r,

Posts: 150 | Location: stanwood | Registered: Sun November 25 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
what? royce devol told me it was cancled. guess i should have checked my sources. oh well sounds like they changed the track from friday practice. as usual it looks like you had a good time ken.