New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Hour Meter Mounts
 Login/Join

Picture of jensensps_179
posted Hide Post
i would like to get some to sell in the shop....how can i get some????? dealer pricing???

Posts: 136 | Location: tri-cities,wa | Registered: Mon February 04 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
Shoot me an email: nathan@napalmracing.com

Then I can send you the dealer pricing and the part #s for both the meter mounts and the filter mounts. Since you are in WA I would have to get you to fill out a resale cert eventually also...

Posts: 1055 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Wed May 05 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jensensps_179
posted Hide Post
quote:
nathan@napalmracing.com

done!!

Posts: 136 | Location: tri-cities,wa | Registered: Mon February 04 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 40roofer
posted Hide Post
Jensen, I for sure want one of these when you get them, thanks.

Posts: 61 | Location: Kennewick | Registered: Tue February 19 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
I will be at the races out at Airway Heights this weekend if anyone want to check out the Hour Meter Mount or an Air Filter Mount... Look for the white and black CRF450 #184 and a big red EZ-up.

Anyone see Fasstco's hour meter mount in the new Racer-X (pg 258)? I don't think it can be a copy because my mount hasn't been out that long but it still sucks that there is another one on the market so soon. It goes on the tank mount as well but it only offers one mounting offset (versus 4) and it is really bulky looking because it surrounds the entire meter.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Wed May 05 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw that hour meter mount in Racer X and thought it looked similar to yours. I wondered if they copied you. I'll have to get one of those for my friends honda as they don't have any flat spots to mount them. Nice product!

Posts: 34 | Location: Mattawa | Registered: Thu March 22 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
If you look on Fasst Co's website they don't even list model applications for the hour meter mount... it appears they just market it as a universal type of deal for any bike that uses a front tank mount. This will come back on them in the end because they obviously didn't research it much... using the centered mounting like they have done with the mount surrounding the meter allowing for only one mounting position it will not fit RM-Z250s or KX250Fs because they require a forward offset. Also it doesn't allow for any forward and back adjustment to clear bulkier triple clamps like RG3 or for making room for top mount steering stabilizers.

Ok, I'm done venting.... copy cat engineering pisses me off, but I really can't prove that is what they did. Oh well mine is better!

EW, thanks for this message board!!!! Some days it's my only outlet to the outside world since I work alone all day at home..... I know, cry me a river right Big Grin

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Hey Nate didn't you just get married? You should not be in the shop alone all day Wink

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
Not until Aug 2nd.... but my wife (to be) still has a regular job so I chill by myself during the day.

posted Hide Post
Hey, NaPalm I was checking out the mount& meter on Aaron`s bike,I realy think your company logo should be showing,maybe on top or bottom. That`s my 2cents.

Posts: 43 | Location: Lake Stevens | Registered: Tue March 20 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
Yeah I know but there isn't much room to put it on there. I machined NAPALM RACING into the top of it but you can't see it after the meter is put on.

Now that I have stickers that will help also!

Also on my newest batches of air filter mounts that I just finished they have NAPALM RACING machined down inside the head. That way at least people may remember where they came from! Now I have to decide if it is worth anodizing them or not.

Nathan Palm
NaPalm Racing www.napalmracing.com

Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Nate, truthfully I wouldnt anodize them. Thats just added cost to a product you dont make enough for as it is.
Its not something you look at all the time like a wheel spacer or other parts out in the open.
Keep your cost low!!
:-)
BRAPP
EW

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
Now copied by DrD as well as Fasst Co.

DrD (Doug) saw it way before anyone else on Dirt Rider's test bike at the first LL Qualifier in CA a few months ago. The DR guys warned me this might happen.

Here is DrD's version, strangely similar Confused

http://www.dubachracing.com/cart/index.php?main_page=pr...50obb7k3qcdu80qqc0g4

Nathan Palm
NaPalm Racing www.napalmracing.com

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
That's too bad Nate, but unless you wanna spend the coin for a patent, it's going to happen. Did you send a nasty letter to Mr D?

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
No, it wouldn't help anything to send a letter I don't think.

A patent is kind of a waste of money because first of all you have to be able to recoup the cost of the patent which would take forever with a little part like this. Also it would be very easy to copy and still make it different enough to get around the patent. Then of course they could just outright copy it even with a patent if I can't afford attorneys to fight them. I've been told by a patent attorney that patents have become only as good as your pockets are deep in todays messed up system.

I'm in the middle of designing my next product right now and this kind of crap makes it a little depressing.... makes me wonder if I will ever be able to make a living doing this since my nest egg (home equity) is slowly running out.

I just have to keep coming out with new ideas and not worry about people copying them as long as I'm adding to my customer base with each new product. Ideas will always be copied but I hope I can treat people right and build a good enough customer base to support me.

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
News is that you (Nate) are becoming our own Bell, Newton, Einstein up here in the Pacific Northwest - at least for me you are.

Best wishes and good Karma dude.

KW

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NaPalm:
No, it wouldn't help anything to send a letter I don't think.

It might make you feel better if it was nasty enough. Big Grin

Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
I will have a second hour meter mount option available in a month or so made to fit bikes that don't have perimeter frames with front mounting tanks (or bikes with front mounting tanks that are too large for the current mount to fit on).

Examples: CRF250X (tank crowds mount too much)

CRF150R / YZ85 / RM85 : No perimeter frame / front tank mount

I'm also changing the current tank mounted hour meter mount design next time I make a batch. I've redesigned it to make it more affordable and changed my machining setup so I can run them faster... again making them more affordable. I hope to drop the retail at least $2 if not 3-4.

Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
I see your hour meter mount made this months Dirt Rider magazine. Congrates on that.....

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
I just finished a new style mount for the 09 KX250F and it also fits 07-09 WR250F/450Fs