New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pourcel.
 Login/Join

Picture of mx510
posted
I just read that Pourcel has elected to sit out at least the supercross series be he did not get an "offer" that he thought was worthy. It should be mentioned that he was offered a spot on factory Honda. What a punk, I sincerely hope he goes back to France and just stays there. I got this from Racer X who pulled it from Pulp Mx, man if its true, I cant imagine his fan base in the US growing from this.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I second that!!!! What an idiot! He only won a eastern supercross championship and a few nationals! The guy folds like a deck of cards when he has preasure on him! But his slowest lap will always best my fastest lap!!!!

Posts: 108 | Location: Everett,Wa | Registered: Wed March 16 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Why would you rag on him? He wasn't offered what he thought he was worth, what's the big deal. Have you never turned a job down? Pro motocross is a business, nothing more or nothing less. He obviously doesn't need the money and my bet is, he really doesn't like Supercross in the first place,

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jb329
posted Hide Post
he said a few times it wasn't about money, but he wanted the equipment to win. are you sure about factory honda i had herd that was just a rumor and that contradicts what he was saying.

this is going to be a great season though both classes stacked

Posts: 303 | Location: Ellensburg | Registered: Wed October 10 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
jb329 nailed it. I also read that he wasn't going to contest for the championship unless it was on premium equipment.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Maybe 377 doesn't think the Honda is the package to win on....

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well he couldnt do it on the best 250f in the world in the nationals and not alot of people put much stock into a regional supercross championship. He is DEFINETLY no kevin windham!!! He may either get forgotten about or have to settle for less money and worst equipment. Thats a bad business descion on my mind.

Posts: 108 | Location: Everett,Wa | Registered: Wed March 16 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was looking to get 1.2 million for 1 year or a little less for multiple years. This is what I heard from the team manager at Valli Motorsports. That was around the same price Reed was looking for. I think one of the biggest problems was not only his asking price, but he just came off of surgery on his shoulder. Nobody got to see him ride a 450f and had no idea how good he could be. Giving that type of money to a guy on the couch is pretty crazy. He had offers from Honda and KTM prior to getting hurt but told them both he wanted to wait until the off season. I am pretty sure he thought with a 250f titile wrapped up( or so he thought)he could get people into a bidding war. I still think Pourcel is the smoothest rider on the track and when he finally gets to show what he can do, He will be a top 3 450 rider.

Posts: 336 | Location: MT VERNON WA US | Registered: Mon November 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
PC prepped KX450f on his own dime

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haney10
posted Hide Post
I don't see a champion paying his own way.

Posts: 59 | Location: Tri-Cities | Registered: Tue November 04 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vern#119:
PC prepped KX450f on his own dime

Is that what he is going to do? If you heard that where did you get it???

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post