New
Find
Notify
Tools

March 13th BE THERE
 Login/Join

Picture of motodad642
posted
March 13 be at the capital steps to join the ralley to support your RIGHTto ride also to let OLY know that we want them to reverse the CPSC (Consumer Product Safty Commission) ban on all children 12 years and under Motorcycles, gear, parts. Every mini family SHOULD ATTEND because you are the ones that will not be able to ride, buy parts, buy gear.
Commissioner CPSC Thomas Hill Moore 301-504-7902
Executive Director CPSC Patsy Semple 301-504-7907
WA Senator Maria Cantwell (remind her she CAN-Damn-well Represent us) 202-224-5274.
This will affect us all!

Posts: 276 | Location: Sumner Wa | Registered: Tue February 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Here is a response from my Senator in Montana:

Dear Jason:

Thank you for contacting me about your concerns with several aspects of the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) as passed during the 110th Congress.

Last year, we heard alarming reports about unsafe imports from China, one of America's largest trading partners. Americans should not have to fear that things they buy at retail stores and supermarkets could be dangerous to their children. It is the responsibility of agencies like the Consumer Product Safety Commission to identify every risk. In an effort to ensure that products sold in America are safe, the CPSIA law places stringent testing criteria on any product intended for the use of a child under the age of 12.

I am concerned, however, about how these regulations may affect both micro-business owners and local artisans across Montana, as well as the youth ATV industry. I will continue to advocate for common sense in laws and regulation. To that end, please be assured that my staff is looking into this issue. In the meantime, I urge you to review the document provided by the Consumer Product Safety Commission entitled, "Guidance on the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) for Small Businesses, Resellers, Crafters and Charities" for more specific answers to the many questions you may have about this issue. This document is available online at http://www.cpsc.gov/about/cpsi...us/cpsiasbguide.html

As we move forward, I will continue to work with my colleagues to find the best solutions to adequately protect American workers, consumers, and businesses. Please do not hesitate to contact me again if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Jon Tester
United States Senator

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
everyone needs to go, not just the mini dads. someday when some of you grow up and turn that next page on your life and decide to have kids and want to teach them how to ride/ race or whatever you will have the choice for them. i think just because maybe you have a kid that is older than 12 is a bad excuse not to go.its 1/2 a day

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
This ralley was planned long before the lead ban BS It happens EVERY YEAR Be there Protect your right to ride. The more people who show up the the more they notice and Know we are serious

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read on another site that the kids are going to roll thier bikes up with them. Good Idea.

Posts: 46 | Location: bonney lake, wa | Registered: Sun February 11 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wondering why we arent hearing more about this rally. I plan on going and having my boys with me...i hope all that ride and can attend will be there...even if you're out of the mini classes.

Posts: 46 | Location: bonney lake, wa | Registered: Sun February 11 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 34's mechanic
posted Hide Post
We will be there.

Posts: 82 | Location: Redondo Wa. | Registered: Wed August 23 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motox247
posted Hide Post
Based on what Brian Barnes was saying at Horn, this rally is not just about mini bikes, it is also about the proposed noise restrictions and ORV bans on private property in King County. I have been looking for more info on that. Does anyone know a website for it?

Also, www.tomself.com to sign a minibike petition.

two4seven (or his mom)

Posts: 196 | Location: Ferndale, WA | Registered: Fri August 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The http://www.definethemoment.net/news/?p=1289 link says it starts at 10AM but all the other flyers say NOON....I guess i will just get there early.