E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  **PIT**TALK**    Where to get cylinder deglazed?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to get cylinder deglazed?
 Login/Join

Picture of race250r
posted
I am doing the top end on my bike and am having trouble getting rid of some vertical scoring on my cylinder. I tried using a scotch brite pad and soapy water but it had little effect.

What does everyone else do to get the cross hatch back?

I was wondering if anybody on here knows of a machine shop or machinist to get the cross hatch back on my cylinder. Preferably in the Seattle area.

Also, can I put a cylinder head, with valves installed, into a parts washer to clean it of carbon and what not? If so, would a shop do it?

Sorry if these seem like noobie questions its just that I have never needed this service since I've moved to Seattle.

Thanks,

Chris

Posts: 70 | Location: W. Seattle, WA | Registered: Thu February 10 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Ive got a hone you need.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of race250r
posted Hide Post
You think I could run it up to your place and get it honed out? You would be compensated for your time.

Any thoughts on the parts washer idea?

Let me know what you think. Looking to get all my parts by Friday...

Posts: 70 | Location: W. Seattle, WA | Registered: Thu February 10 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Piece of cake. Im working at home today.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of race250r
posted Hide Post
Sounds good, man. Can I run it up to your place some evening this week?

What is the best way to get in touch with you?

My number is 206 491-043 eight.

Thanks again.

Chris

Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
I text you.