New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reminiscing
 Login/Join

Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
Brad, I can't believe all the stuff you remember. Mike getting hurt is why I raced his MX400 at the Base track in 76. First I had to straighten the bike all out. Was one of the most horrific crashes I have seen...he rode the open expert class at Puyallup with the big boys, got a killer start (top 3) and over one of the big jumps his forks blew out upon landing sent him cruely over the bars and the bike ate his @$$ then he got run over by several guys...I thought hmmm, maybe I can race his bike next weekend !

Posts: 21 | Location: Rent-2-Own | Registered: Wed February 06 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
So instead of hurtin' myself in my old age, I just fix up all the old bikes I rode or drooled over back then......

Posts: 21 | Location: Rent-2-Own | Registered: Wed February 06 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
This ones for Brad and Randy !

Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
Jolly use to be my favorite place to race. It was one of the only tracks that still added technical stuff while everyone else started making everything rolling. I did DESTROY!!!!! my 1986 YZ125 there over the finish line camelback when the track was ran backwards. A few years later I ripped my toe off when a downed bikes footpeg went through my boot, foot, and almost out the bottom of my boot. Other than that I still liked the track.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey what can I say I loved the rocks! If someone starts a Jolly reminicing post "I got Pics"

Jolly Rodgers...Reminiscing...a couple of pics

Monster Machine 1985
1985 CR500

More Monster Machine 1987 (Good Forks)
1987 CR 500

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Moonman
posted Hide Post
Great stuff! keep 'em coming!

Posts: 101 | Location: NORTH BEND | Registered: Wed June 02 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have pics from Puyallup,Startup,SIR, Jolly,Old P.A north side of HWY, Spanaway,Hannegan, In B.C. Aldergrove, Mission, Agazzi, I'll Post If you would like?? Brad Bolmes

Posts: 31 | Location: snohomish | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I used to drop the gate and do some of the finish flagging at Spannaway. Raced my first race there and crashed my brains out. Seems some things never change.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rod I have some old DG stickers that would look at home on the Elsie, let me know Brad

Posts: 31 | Location: snohomish | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are some pics of Spanaway fall 79 It was the benifit race held for Pat Jacobson Team Suzuki Riders, Shults and others attended dont remember their names, Great turn out. I crashed early in the race loosing my viser Ha!

posted Hide Post
More Spanaway late 1980

posted Hide Post
Spanaway

posted Hide Post
Spanaway 1980

Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
Great pics of Spanaway and Jolly guys. Me and Mike raced at spanaway when Rob Manning was hauling ass...I knocked myself senseless there once after starting dead last with only one glove on and working up through the pack!

Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
A day at Jolly...watered groomed track, club ride only.....Moto Heaven!

Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
Mike always had an Evel streak....

Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
Railin'

Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
And my favorite bike to ride at Jolly.......

Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
Oops

Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
Anyone still got one of these? LOL