New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reminiscing
 Login/Join

Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
Yup, went to highschool there. Brad Bolmes was getting fast when I left. Here I am getting a holeshot on my brother Mike's Yam MX400a (if the attachment works) those were the days...water truck we don't need no stinkin water truck!

Rod Crater

Holeshot

Posts: 21 | Location: Rent-2-Own | Registered: Wed February 06 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
You must also remember Skagit Scrambles...

Posts: 21 | Location: Rent-2-Own | Registered: Wed February 06 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Say never did the skagit scrambles Do you and randy remember catching the ferry to orcas and racing there. I won, cuz Randy exited on the white flag.

Posts: 31 | Location: snohomish | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rod I have a start photo I will post later June 75 Randy is in it. Check back. Remember how many locals rode,raced.Bawyn,Ask,Matt Pope, Lots more, great days could ride anywhere. Pits,L&M acres,Ft.Ebey power lines,Mt.Erie,Heart Lake Poker run Days.

Posts: 31 | Location: snohomish | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Start June 75 minis My First Race I'm #86,#7 Is Lil Joe(for got his goggles) Randy is #98 and #23 was Douglas from the stanwood,arlinton area.

posted Hide Post
Bearmore Here is a couple pics on my 78 rm100 at the Gun Club track that your Dad was part of. Rode there up into 82 then it was shut down

posted Hide Post
Say thoses pics on page one where takin Fall 79 I'm on my new 1980 rm 125, Months before turning Pro early 1980

Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
My Dad was never a memeber of the Gun club track. It was the other one that I am referring to that I rode at. It must have closed down as well for some time because I know my Dad got it up and going again a couple years after I got into racing ('83). Then it was closed down again permanently after those squids rode out there while drinking and got hurt.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
Cool pics Brad. I told Randy about this thread so maybe he will chime in!

Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
I went up to Western in 77, I would come down to OH and ride my buddy Mike Bigger's YZ250 in 77/78 time frame...I believe this is at the gun club track....

Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
1st turn action at the old base track...my first open race (#511)...this is right after the wheelie pic

Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
The Orcas race...I remember going over there with Mike Bigger, my Elsie seized on the sandy hills...

Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
Who can forget Monroe...circa 82/83

Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
Hey me and Jerry Bawyn were good friends, his dad owned the Dodge dealership so we always a cool ride to go to the races in. We would go to B'ham and race the hour moto's on Thursday nite...Mike was always up there going fast...

posted Hide Post
I beleive you are right the Old Track was shut down as you say and then opened for awhile before the they finally locked us out. Do any of you remember riding with the Kesselrings Brad and Keith may have their last name wrong they still have Dads Gun Shop in Alger near Skagit Speedway They raced alot back then Bham and on the island

posted Hide Post
Cool pictures!!

Posts: 37 | Location: seattle, wa. usa | Registered: Wed March 10 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rod I remember Mike wearing the jersey with the foot peg tear in it After he went down at Puallup Raceway I walked away from racing in 83 sold both bikes 250 & 125 Pissed away 5 years to Party raced jolly in 86,then the fall of 87 purchased a new 88 honda 125 Raced alot 88,89,90 started a family, My son Alec and I started riding,racing in 03 had some good results at shougal on my 250f against the 450s stepping away again in 06 Always been my life Love MX and the people at the races

posted Hide Post
I wanted to post this pic of Pat Jacobson riding at the gun club track,weeks before his accident in Texas 1979 I loved watching him ride every weekend back in those days Enjoy Brad Bolmes

Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
I remember some Jacobsens that were around my age from the Bellingham area I think??? They may have been his kids??? I just know that the two sisters were WOW!!!!!

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whoopss
posted Hide Post
LOL Bearmore. Guys down here I have talked to have told me how FAST Pat Jacobson really was. Kirk Barber especially has told me about him at Jolly etc. I got out of college and me and Mike started racing again, Spanaway, SIR and Jolly. Hey what can I say I loved the rocks! If someone starts a Jolly reminicing post "I got Pics" ! ha