E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  **PIT**TALK**    How will Dungey look in Orange or Brayton in red???
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How will Dungey look in Orange or Brayton in red???
 Login/Join

posted
I was told by my good friend that worked with Braytons father that Justin inked a deal with factory Honda a couple weeks ago. That guy has worked hard the last few years and thumbs up to him for making it onto the Honda squad.

I also keep wondering how Dungey is going to look in KTM orange I can't see him going anywhere else $$$ and back with DeCoster iis a big draw I think. Although a pairing of Reed and Dungy would make Two Two the strongest lineup in the 450 class I would have to think.

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
I heard the Dungey KTM deal is done. The other cool little rumor floating around is Reed/Alessi on Two Two Motorsports Suzukis??? Dont know if its true but it would be cool.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of race250r
posted Hide Post
It has been awesome to see Justin Brayton move up.

I grew up racing in Iowa and we would frequently see Justin at the local races, back when he was on 80's and 125's. We used to think that that kid was going to go somewhere in this sport. Just look at him now...

I think I remember him riding Honda when he was racing back in Iowa, as an amateur.

Some more notable Iowa riders that Justin used to race with are Teddy Maier (sp?) and Cody Gilmore. I know it is off topic, but I see their names still popping up around the sport. Maier does well up in Canada, I believe.

Anyways, it is awesome to see Brayton's hard work paying off for him.

Posts: 70 | Location: W. Seattle, WA | Registered: Thu February 10 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kawiracer945
posted Hide Post
highly doubt justin brayton is gonna be on a factory honda to many big names to grab..... people should just keep there speculations to them selves untill gate drops at A1

Posts: 56 | Location: Bellingham wa | Registered: Mon December 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
From what I have heard from a few insiders is that Brayton has signed with Honda? I havnt seen any news posted anywhere though?

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Eric, Baileys dad Ray worked with Justin Braytons dad Oscar and thats what he told Ray before Pala.

Looking at it from Hondas point of view I think I would want a rider thats proven in being able to get all the way to the end of a season without getting hurt. Maybe there are better riders out there but when the moneys tight a solid top 10 rider would make sense for them.
Your getting no press when Grants hurt and recovering more than riding and Canard is super fast when he's not hurt as well. Speculation is fun to have it makes you use your imagination as to think what people could be on what team.

For the money who would Honda sign thats proven in the 450 class??

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow so I think Dungy don't look to bad in KTM orange that I saw on Racer X today. And for those that think the Brayton to Honda is a myth we saw the photos today of the red #10 with One industry gear looking pretty good I would have to say...

Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
Dungey to KTM is a career killer if you ask me. Just ask Allessi and Shorty

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spin05:
Dungey to KTM is a career killer if you ask me. Just ask Allessi and Shorty

KTM's are "good" now right?? We will find out.

The Asian Sensation - Stirring Sh** Since '89.

Posts: 693 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue November 30 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
KTM with Dungey and Roksun will both be the 2012 Champs SX/MX done deal money in the bank! KTM will dominate the US market soon because followers like to follow.. KTM build great bikes always have.. they own Europe.

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Well... it is almost Halloween! Dungey will be in style!

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I guess if the Japanese start pulling the money back as they do in Europe then what? You all ready can see it with Yamaha only supporting teams and now Suzuki looking that they will follow suit.

I would tend to think that KTMs don't kill your career though Alesi is still top 5 and Short would have been there as well if not for broke elbows.

posted Hide Post
Just thought I would point out that Honda confirmed Justin Brayton as a factory ride. Hows that for speculation Kawiracer945 just giving you a bad time man.

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kawiracer945:
highly doubt justin brayton is gonna be on a factory honda to many big names to grab..... people should just keep there speculations to them selves untill gate drops at A1

$$$$$$$
0h just to keep my speculations straight, rokson SX champ and ill go 50/50 on the out doors musquin or kid rockstar. That's my money bet, of course I'm pullin 100% for my boy Carnard sx/mx 450 champ!!!!!

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
JS7 will be the SX Champ. Bagget and Wilson will win the Lites.

RV2 will win outdoors. Anddd Wilson will win outdoors again.

Who wants to place their sports bet?

The Asian Sensation - Stirring Sh** Since '89.

Posts: 693 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue November 30 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auzzi152
posted Hide Post
Stewart will win Supercross, sorry haters... Yes I would prefer Reed win but I think Stewart is the fastest and I think he will be smoother and smarter this year, although if history is any indicator the chances of that are not necessarily in his favor...

If Stewart races the Nationals he will win that too but Villipoto will give him one hell of a run for his money...

I'm not sure who is racing east and west for 2012 but I think if Barcia and Wilson are on opposite coasts they will win. Whoever has to battle Bagget will have there work cut out for them though...

Bottom line, it's a great time to be a fan...

Posts: 435 | Location: your moms house | Registered: Wed December 03 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kawiracer945
posted Hide Post
haha yes I ate my words on that one..... I guess Justin finally got a ride crazy.. If I was Honda there was some other guys to grab but hey props to Jb hopefully he can put his ride to good use its gonna be super hard to make the box this year!

Posts: 56 | Location: Bellingham wa | Registered: Mon December 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
RV will win SX, JS7 will implode by round 5. Dungey will be a contender.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
As much as I hate to say it, I think #7 will win SX this year. With Roczen winning the west (I think he is riding the west). With either Bagget or Wilson winning the East. Not sure who is riding where. I think that Dungey will win MX, with Bagget winning the little bike class.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post