Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Pics
 Login/Join

posted
A couple of you mentioned that you knew my Dad, so a couple months ago I asked my Grandma to find the pictures she has of him riding. She finally brought them to me tonight, so I scanned a couple of the good ones.

My Dad on the left and my Grandpa on the right. THis is a poker run at Straddleline.

Posts: 562 | Location: Bonney Lake, WA USA | Registered: Tue February 17 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forgot one:

Posts: 562 | Location: Bonney Lake, WA USA | Registered: Tue February 17 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
SICKNESS!!!

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moderbike x
posted Hide Post
someone has to bring those handlebars back in fashion! they look 3 feet across! cool pics

Posts: 215 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Sat December 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
Great old pics!! Yes, I remember Bill. I graduated from Sumner in 76. He was a year ahead of me... I think he did race pro too? If I remember back then the "d" after the 59 on a black number plate was an intermediate rider. If you had a red plate with a "c" after your number you were pro. I think novice was green plate with an "e" after the number. Back then in pro you had points race for number one plate. The following year how you finished was your plate number. I think they did it for the top ten numbers. I still have some old elsinore parts laying around here somewhere.

Posts: 188 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Sat December 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
What's that a 1976 Elsinor, my first real MX bike. We had a love-hate relationship, it introduced me to the "face plant", Cle Elem coal piles, and I introduced it to the cutting torch. Something must be wrong that I still remember that..think?

Some pics to add to the collection

1991 Straddleline Pro doubles when Straddleline was Thurston County ORV Park and CR500's hooked up real good

1983 SIR, Watching the races was always my thing, guy in background..right

1978 Woodenville, WA. The DeCoster years, when duct tape was cool.

2005 MXGP, Old guys like to ride too. If the pics not old but I am..does that count?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Workman #21,

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kick a$$ chest protector Ken! Looking forward to going riding with you soon.

Posts: 536 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Wed December 22 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
(grins)..thanks. "Back in the day why I..." well that's another story...lol. Looking forward to spring and riding again too, will keep in touch.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, that was an Elsinore. We actually had it until about 99, then when my parents split he gave it away. I was too young then to realize I should have kept it.

Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
Its a collecters bike!!! If I remember Bill had that bike ported by that guy in Auburn. There was a fellow on the main strip in Auburn that could really get the power out of those Elsinores. I had mine done there too. I think stock they had 16 horse but with a head, ported and pipe they were around 21-22 HP I think. The 125 Bultacos had around 19 stock and they were very fast for thier time. The Elsinore bill has was either a 73 or 74. In 1975-76 Honda did some changes like move the rear shocks up for more travel. Like from 4" to 6" of increased travel. That was a big change in the industry. Everyone was moving thier rear shocks up. They would move the rear mounts forward on the swingarm for more travel. The concept at time time was good but you ended up blowing the stock shocks up real quick by moving them forward. It also would break the upper shocks mounts too due to the added stress.

Posts: 188 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Sat December 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah there is one where they forward mounted some BIlsteins on there. I will have to scan it.

Picture of moderbike x
posted Hide Post
i can say i made over the pro doubles at orv scared the crap out of me!

Posts: 215 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Sat December 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
I remember jumping the Pro doubles in 1990 when I was a 125 Beginner at Pac West. I jumped them the first lap in practice. EW STYLE!!! ahahaha

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
A couple more pics

1985, Jolly Rogers, Kent WA. CR500 that bike was Whack!

1987, Jolly Rogers, Kent WA. Another CR500 and squealing pigs (and they weren’t my feet...hummm?)

Picture of FERD285
posted Hide Post
Waunch I got you beat, pro dubs 1992 kx60 on accident following Billy Mauerman when he was on his KX80 I didn't know he was going for it and thought we would land in the middle somewhere, I think I had to go change my Ninja turtle underwear after that.

FERD 585

Posts: 263 | Location: Olympia, WA | Registered: Mon November 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moderbike x
posted Hide Post
oh i miss jolly! i went there once when it was closed went around the gate just so i could do the pro int. doubles in the back! got away with that one! remember the devol ad with ted and larry ward!

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Here are my contributions:

This one I think is at ORV park. M.Robert plastic boots just hit the scene.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Team Tamm pants and Eric Eatons High Point boots. EW would have me doing push ups for the form.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This would be a great ad for EW, Paul!

Before EWMXSCHOOLS:

After EWMXSCHOOLS:

Posts: 536 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Wed December 22 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P.S. Paul, you riding over Xmas break? You do have the Boeing Christmas Break don't you?