Notify
Tools

Old Pics
 Login/Join

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted:
Ya what a jirk DeVol is for recognizing some dude has his suspension all screwed up and offering to help. What makes it worse is that he makes money helping people get their suspension working. Dirty capitalist!

Come on Ted you’re not a jerk, a bit driven but not a jerk. Dude..glad you’re here...lol, haha.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Workman #21,

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK, I may have confused a few people here. That was not my intention. Let me clarify....

I was riding 250 Beg, at Woodland, I had never ridden mx before, ever. I knew nothing about my bike except that if I twisted the throttle, it went. I knew that you could adjust suspension, but had no idea about valving and spring rates. To make matters worse, my first bike was a polished and ported kx250 that had been sprung and valved for a 240 pounder. I was 140 pounds, soaking wet with rocks in my pockets. It was a very rough ride to say the least. I just thought MX was tough. After several motos of riding as hard as I could, finishing no better than 7th, I was resting at my truck, wondering if my forearms would ever pump down. Ted comes over and asks me if I was 392. I already told this story. I was not at ANY point offended by it, nor did I think it was wrong in any way for him to approach me. He told me that I needed suspension work. I went home, thought about it, shopped around in my home area, got the bike revalved and re sprung. The next Woodland race, I had horrible buyers remorse for all the money I spent until I holeshot both of my 250 Beg motos, led them bell to bell, and took my first overall. Moral of the story: Ted told me to get my suspension done, I did it, it worked perfectly. He taught me a lesson.

At no time did Ted offend me, engage in unscrupulous business tactics, or leave me with anything less than a good opinion of him. (that was probably before he knew I was a liberal. Hell, I dont even know if I was a liberal at that time!) Anyway, he is a good guy, does good work, and I would never mean to slander or talk smack about how he runs his business or performs the work that he contracts to do. (How he votes may be another story! Big Grin Just kidding!)

Hope that clarifies the story some.

Posts: 536 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Wed December 22 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
Boy that Bill Wise is old could not remember him until my wife shook me awake the other night, Said I kicked her and then threw an elbow to the ribs. Well as I calmed down I remembered my dream, I was at Puyallup Thursday night race on my TM125 and this Wise guy ahead of me the TM couldn't came close so tried a inside move in the left hand hair pin...that sand does not taste good .

Will try to post some oldies tonight.
Oh Ted do you still have those shocks that used crushed ice to cool them?

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Aaron. For a while there I felt like a snake oil salesman trying to cure you of
Stockbike!
Thanks for showing that even beginners need good suspension. Now if I could only convince you that liberal whackos like Gore really are morons. Big Grin Wink

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
Ted if they really supported Gore's ideas or fantasies they would not ride dirtbikes or drive cars. They instead would devote thier lives to pushing Al's limo around.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post