E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  **PIT**TALK**    Street licencing for off-road bikes...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Street licencing for off-road bikes...
 Login/Join

Picture of blaze
posted
I heard (rumor) Washington State has relaxed thier rules....any truth to this??

Posts: 188 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Sat December 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kimball #126
posted Hide Post
Starting this next January It will be legal to license off road bikes for the street. Dealers will now be able to do the inspection which takes it out of the State Patrols hands. At least that's what I heard.

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
Thanks!! Thats about what I heard too. So I guess no rumor. Actually over heard it from a group of other trail riders about a month ago riding up near Colville.

Posts: 188 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Sat December 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Blaze, here's some info on HB5800.
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documen...20HBR%20APH%2011.pdf

Posts: 8 | Location: Monroe | Registered: Tue June 08 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that link Rusty,, good reading it!

Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
someone answer me this???

can i go get my kx450 plated in january???

how about my 97 kx250?

The Asian Sensation - Stirring Sh** Since '89.

Posts: 693 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue November 30 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Osaka #627:
someone answer me this???

can i go get my kx450 plated in january???

how about my 97 kx250?

The question I have is meeting the EPA standards? I wonder how they are going to implement that? test that? how and what they are going to use? are any dealers getting set-up?

Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
i saw a guy about 2 years ago on a 96-97 kx 250 with a plate, blinkers, and mirrors... riding down the road...

i wonder if it was legit...

The Asian Sensation - Stirring Sh** Since '89.

Posts: 693 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue November 30 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where did you get the EPA emissions standards part from or are you just Assuming this or it in fact a real Requirement.

Last I was keeping up to date on this was that was not going to matter otherwise the guys with the ktm 2 strokes that got plates would lose them in the end and that the state doesnt require emissions testing on bikes if they pull this crap then everyone is gonna have to ugg we do not want/need this! There's still guys who act like a metal gas tank is gonna be required and that's NOT true at all.

No one knows what the actual rules/guidelines are going to be yet last info I got was they wasn't going to release the full details till Nov sometime at the earliest.

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
I heard max speed is 35mph and runnin special plates

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
I dont know if they will do EPA. I hope not too. I would like to see off road 2-strokes get plated for on road.

posted Hide Post
The last info I got was that they had to conform to the FMVSS's exactly which standards not sure but that's just your must have such n such light watt or size limit DOT approved stuff maybe tires something about exstended rear fenders things like that but no where have I heard it matter what stroke it was. That and the owner has to sign off some liability waiver form with the state.

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
I guess nobody read the link? The EPA was mentioned in the background report. I did not see anyting mentioned in the body of the bill.
The most knowligable person i have talked to was Clem from Enumclaw The TT in the northwest section for more details Tod will fill you in.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
Yea Vern looks like nothing in the bill for EPA testing. Here is a plated KTM 380 for sale but notice where he has it registered. Hopefully Washington has something simular to Idaho. Its ridiculous loading up your trail bike to go ride 10 miles from your house. I know alot guys here that want to get thier bikes ready, inspected and plated to avoid loading up to hit trails that are close to home. That will save gas right there.
http://spokane.craigslist.org/mcy/2627535233.html