Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to MX racing
 Login/Join

posted
I have son, who is 16, who has ridden for years but never raced. He has always had a set of brass balls and good natural ability. He has been begging me to get him into racing MX for the past couple of years and he hit a rough spot in his life and I think now would be the time. We live in Portland, OR area and close to tracks. Any words of wisdom on how to get started? I know dollars are involved and we got that one covered, but I am clueless on how to get involved. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 2 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Sat February 14 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Get him all the proper gear and go to the track. Try and hit a practice day first to get used to the feel of the track and bike. I would suggest Woodland as a first race. The folks running the races are top notch and open to any questions. Also don't be afraid to pit next to someone and ask them questions. MXers are a very friendly bunch and you may get more stories and help than you really bargained for Big Grin.

Here is Woodlands site

http://www.woodlandmx.com/

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
http://www.woodlandmx.com/

Thanks. He has all the gear and has spent a lot of time at Longview MX Track. It looks like Woodland would be a good starter. How does the system work for getting numbers on plate?

Posts: 2 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Sat February 14 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
I suggest tacking a few training sessions.Not sure who for the portland area thou

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No system for numbers, just pick a few and stick them on. Plan on getting to the track early to sign up for your classes. Grab a schedule and don't miss your moto. Woodland is a great first place to race, that is where I popped my racing cherry. Good luck and have fun.

Posts: 475 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Thu November 20 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post