New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our Son's Name
 Login/Join

Picture of NaPalm
posted
So my son is due at the end of February and my wife and I have been trying to nail down a name.

She brought home several baby name books from the library (remember those places!) and we looked through them and made a few lists.

Nothing was really jumping out at her so I said (in a purely joking manner).... "We could always name him Ryder"

I paused and waited for "That is a stupid name" or something like that, and what I got was "I like that name."

Of course we all know it wasn't an original idea since The Rock's son is named Ryder, but I still find it funny that it has become her favorite name.

So now it looks like Dad's joke is going to be our son's name. It sounds sort of funny with my last name, but hey my last name can sound funny with just about anything.

I told her since it is a boy she could have the final say on the name. At least it will be original and I think it will work out just fine Smile

Posts: 1055 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Wed May 05 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Nathan, you should name him Harry!

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
Yeah I suppose there are much worse options out there huh....

Hairy
Peter

Smile

I suppose sometimes you just go with what you like and don't worry about people's opinions because kids will find a way to make fun of ANY name if they want to pick on someone.

My wife really likes it and that is really all that should matter.

His middle name will be John (my dad's name) so I could call him RJ too.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Wed May 05 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
For sure....

Congrats to you and your wife. Parenthood will make you a better person, atleast thats the way I feel. take care.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
For sure....

Congrats to you and your wife. Parenthood will make you a better person, atleast thats the way I feel. take care.

Thanks, I think it will give me more direction in life amongst other things. In the meantime I will enjoy at least having the option of getting a good 7 hours of sleep each night Confused I hear as a new parent you are doing good to get 2 or 3 hours in a row at first Eek

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
The name of the game is to see who can pretend they are asleep the longest. If she is breast feeding then you win!

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Lol! I'm the master of "Sleeping" longer.

Ha!

As for the direction in life, it will give you many directions in life. None of them where you plan, but somehow you get to where you're going. I never wanted kids, and thank God every day that my wife forced me into having 3.

You will no doubt see what I mean. Take care Nathan.

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Name translated - Lushootseed (Puget Sound Indigenous):

Eagle: yak-sala

Worrier: tub'sh-ah-dak'

Work: Ya'yus

Man: Stubs^

Workman: Ya'yus-stubs^

I'd go with Chad – Anglo-sized Cabk^w (ChabKwhoosh) means Cloud. Lots of hope in clouds you know. Just don't Let’em know you got the name from me.

Ya'yus-stubs^ (KW)

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post