Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2011 Dakar Rally
 Login/Join

posted
I know that the 2011 SX season is almost here but I'm pumped up for the 2011 Dakar to start on New Years day. What can I say its a true test of man and machine 15 days and 5000+ miles of racing adding to the mix the new 450 class that all the top pros will be racing it should be good. I am hoping that the KTM stanglehold will be loosened up this year but we will have to wait and see as they have won the last 9 Dakars. Heres to hoping that the Americans can keep on moving up the order Jonah Street has constantly been getting faster over the last few years and Quinn Cody is fast in Baja but can he carry that over to Dakar remains to be seen as there is alot more navigation involved. But they will have to beat guys like Coma, Despres and Ullevalseter on KTMs, Casteu on the Sherco and Lopez on the Aprilia. The field is pretty deep this year I can't wait for it to start

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Follow Jonahs blog on www.cycleworld.com

Posts: 126 | Location: cle elum | Registered: Wed December 21 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flagler764:
Follow Jonahs blog on www.cycleworld.com
That cockpit for his bike they built is amazing!

Posts: 188 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Sat December 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think last year jonah street was running EVO suspension. Not sure about this year.

Posts: 108 | Location: Everett,Wa | Registered: Wed March 16 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
I missed it Dang-Nub-It!

Start 0f 2011 Dakar Rally but caught a glimpse of Johna on Big Screen High Def in 10th place. It's early we got time besides when does NAY FREAK'N DAKAR begin a HALF-FREAK'N WORLD away, ARGENTINA, SOUTH AMERICA? Come-On!

Maybe I'm old school but I think Dakar should be from Paris FRANCE to Dakar ALGIERS (Senegal) Africa. W?HAT'S UP WITH SOUTH AMERICA and I know last year twas same. Seems to me Dakar's rapidly becoming more about TV $revenue than true racing.

Cred's to Jonah for being in the the last best pack heck, Cred's to all Dakar racers for same. Gotta wonder though about promoters linage and thoughts, I have no doubts about their vision(s).

Me, I'll be making sure it's "Pud-Hud-A-Bud" (Hot Season), new language I'm into, over here in the Bend WA. It's been raining, cold, frozen and snowing. A little Desert heat about now sounds good. Speak'n of heat aint Nutt'n like a good "Toasted Jalapeno, Onion and Olive Steak & Cheese topped with Chipotle sauce sandwich" to keep ya warm on these cold 2011 winter nights.

Word is Toes is open this Weekend. MORE SUBWAY, Wahoo!

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jonah indeed this year is again using the best suspension available..EVO

Posts: 126 | Location: cle elum | Registered: Wed December 21 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
Death threats to riders from the dominant religion in the area.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
I just re-read an earlier post of mine. Now i know what you'all were talking about. A bit difficult to connect-the-dots.

I'll try harder to make clear

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jonah won stage 10 I think it was by 3+ minutes his first stage win in a couple of years. Man he might be in 5th or 6th if it were not for the delay due to a burnt wire he had a couple of days ago. Looking pretty good and I've seen the EVO susp. stickers a few times on the TV coverage

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post