New
Find
Notify
Tools

Complainers
 Login/Join

Picture of E.W. #849
posted
Ya know, I travel around to tracks all over the world. I see more people complain, b!tch and moan about some of the lamest crap. Im so freakin sick of hearing it.

This last year I put a ton of time into keeping Dairyland up. It doesn't matter if its freshly groomed. If you go out to water, you get people B!TCHING!! They are the same people that dont help out. They want the perfect track but dont want to give any time out of there precious day for it to happen.

When MXGP was still around. Anytime the water would turn on, you would hear people B!TCHING. If the track got drusty (very seldom), you would hear people b!tching. Those guys ran there asses off so everyone would have a great track. I can't remember one time I saw someone grab a shovel or a rake to fix a kicker in a jump besides the guys making it happen.

The next time you plan on complaining about a track. Stand up and ask yourself, what you can do to help out. Don't be that whiney little SOB setting on your tailgate, while everyone else busts their ass so you can have the perfect track to ride!!

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huck
posted Hide Post
WORD!

Posts: 71 | Location: home | Registered: Sat June 11 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post
I concure! It may not be perfect,but its what we have.So ride,have fun and be positive. I will,however, always bitch about unsafe situations though.

Posts: 159 | Location: Sammamish | Registered: Mon January 22 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of huck
posted Hide Post
I just like to bitch about me fear!!

Posts: 71 | Location: home | Registered: Sat June 11 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by E.W. #849:
Ya know, I travel around to tracks all over the world. I see more people complain, b!tch and moan about some of the lamest crap. Im so freakin sick of hearing it.

This last year I put a ton of time into keeping Dairyland up. It doesn't matter if its freshly groomed. If you go out to water, you get people B!TCHING!! They are the same people that dont help out. They want the perfect track but dont want to give any time out of there precious day for it to happen.

When MXGP was still around. Anytime the water would turn on, you would hear people B!TCHING. If the track got drusty (very seldom), you would hear people b!tching. Those guys ran there asses off so everyone would have a great track. I can't remember one time I saw someone grab a shovel or a rake to fix a kicker in a jump besides the guys making it happen.

The next time you plan on complaining about a track. Stand up and ask yourself, what you can do to help out. Don't be that whiney little SOB setting on your tailgate, while everyone else busts their ass so you can have the perfect track to ride!!
so eric. when you coming over. i got my place looking really good. ask josh. i spend about a hour a day with the cat, watering, picking up rocks etc. i know whay you mean.how about next week?

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kimball #126
posted Hide Post
I agree my son.

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree Eric. If the track owner or promoter is putting a good effort into giving the customer their moneys worth but needs help, then help him. It only makes your ride better if the track is better from your own help. If you are not willing to help, S.T.F.U..
If a track owner doesn't listen to the customers and really does a crappy job, you're a pussy for not telling him what you think.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by huck:
WORD!
WORD! .. "huck" about summed it up. Cool

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just typical of the orv community in general. sit on your ass and bitch while not doing a damn thing for the preservation of their chosen form of recreation or at the very least the particular place that person or persons are recreating at that day. how few will even pick up a rock on a track walk or even leave a place a little cleaner than when they arrived, let alone write to an elected abuser (representative).

90db for four strokes...

3 things in life to remember:
never pass up a toilet
never waste a h@rd on
and finally, never trust a f@rt

Posts: 21 | Location: everett | Registered: Tue September 20 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Moth has the word, dude. Swut im takinabout.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
I hear ya ted, moth too but truth be told I haven't contributed (have guilt) as much I could. Oh sure I've paid my way but $money doesn't always make it in this sport nor amount to much if you ait got the talent to exploit it. I here about HP and $money vs talent but every once in a while somebody rises above that cra~ and becomes a Superstar. $Money helps sure, effort more.

Verns been around forever pay'n his way and work'n the track, he's out there doing it today flagging, watering, raking, helping and happy to do so .. pacote too just so the rest of us can ride and have fun. So who do I respect, guys like that.

Has anybody checked out the Craters lately? come SX race day look down on the track you'll see Angie organizing the staff, look up you'll see Mike taken care of banners and organizing all that c~!@ want'a see a SX pro check out the main cause Greg's been make'n em and heaven only knows how much teds done by way of contributions.

Talk'n and do'n are not the same in my camp. Talkn's ok and I'm always up for a good story but I realize that talk'n don't get the job done. Talk’n won’t rake the rocks, water the track, groom it, referee the race or handle sign up. Do’n does that.

"WORD!"

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by moth:

90db for four strokes...

YES Big Grin

Nathan Palm
NaPalm Racing www.napalmracing.com

Posts: 1055 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Wed May 05 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
90db. Then we could call it Stealthocross and none of the eco freaks would know we were anywhere having fun.

Picture of wilcox
posted Hide Post
Those are the same people that would bitch if you had a new rope to hang them with !!!

i can remember at mxgp we would water and lots of peeps would whine ..i would tell them pick your poison a little mud that turns to loam after a few in the sun .... or dusty hard packed that clogs your air filter in 5 minutes which do you want .... most would understand after that ... i know that i like loam more then dust

Posts: 331 | Location: lynnwood | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
For me, I like the track I practice on to be as rough and crappy as possible. That way, when I race on a groomed track, it's like a freeway. I'm not one for hucking big jumps anyways, so the gnarlier the better.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paul you should ride our rut track at the house. GNARLEY.

Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
Paul, I agree to a point but it can get to the point where it is so rough and Dangerous that you might as well not pay $20 to ride something that is worse than going to a free riding spot. Of course that would only be true for a track that charges a per use fee!

Nathan Palm
NaPalm Racing www.napalmracing.com

Posts: 1055 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Wed May 05 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Ted is that an invitation? Big Grin

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post