New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Rally Fri 13th
 Login/Join

Picture of motodad642
posted
If you were there, do you think the turn out was good? Do you think that our sport was represented by the number that turned out? Dont be chicken, post.

Posts: 276 | Location: Sumner Wa | Registered: Tue February 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Unfortuneatly I had kid stuff I had to do and couldn't attend. The photos posted on Thumpertalk looked pretty impressive though

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
There were a lot of people but there could have been more. I had know idea what to expect... I never thought I'd be the guy holding up a sign. (I heard that the turn out was less than last time but I don't know).
I understand why some could not make it, but we are facing some trying times in our sport and I believe we need more support.

I learned a lot about wohva as well and I encourage people to sign up. They do a lot for our sport as well as all ohv's. check it out
http://www.wohva.org/

Thanks for the hotdog Cycle Barn!!!

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike Flynn
posted Hide Post
Please view our photo/video coverage, and forward the link on to your representatives! EVERYONE needs to see this!!!

http://www.definethemoment.net/news/?p=1367

---------------------------------
http://www.definethemoment.net - Your source for Northwest race coverage!

Posts: 131 | Location: Renton, WA | Registered: Tue January 31 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i dont know for sure, but it seems to me that the numbers have fallen every year since the 1st year. does anybody remember making the news for the gridlock on I-5 we caused.

the biggest problem we face besides our mommy government is the gawd damm laxadaisical (sp?) attitude of the orv community as a whole. you know, the "someone else will fix the problem for me while i just sit here and whine" syndrome.

fyi, the rally was changed to a bi-annual deal to help ward off that dreaded syndrome.

i am actually kinda pi$$ed off with the turnout and am fighting a losing battle with keyboard bravery, so i'll stop with this; 600+ effin entries a week ago, and i bet a dollar 33% of those at most went to the rally. sad.

3 things in life to remember:
never pass up a toilet
never waste a h@rd on
and finally, never trust a f@rt

Posts: 21 | Location: everett | Registered: Tue September 20 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
I hear ya "moth" but gotta wonder if times aren't a-changing, sorta like the Seattle Post Intelligencer stopping print and going web.

Are eMail miles and Hiway miles competing?

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodad642
posted Hide Post
I have to say this was our first rally. My wife, who took the day off of work, my son who we took out of school(the school gave him credit for his time at the capital) well it wasnt hard for me because Im laid off. This is the beginning of our 6th year in raceing so we dont have alot of history. So we decided to get involved Via I am a secretary of our club, Wife became compettion manager this year dist 27. We are not going to sit any longer and watch the sport that we fell in love with (gushy) get knocked off the map! Its the families that we have met in this short 6 years that has us comming back to compete, share stories, and just plain have a blast with!! I cant imangine what it would be like to those that have spent generations in this sport not to be able to pass it on to the next generation because we did nothing to keep our rights alive. It is very important for us to write the letters and emails, make the phone calls, and SHOW UP at every promotion of our sport. Weather it be PRO, AMA, NMA, WOHVA, Blueribbon...ect. Support your local tracks, support your local clubs, get involved .. it only takes a little time and every little bit counts!

Whoa..... ranting Eek Cool

Posts: 276 | Location: Sumner Wa | Registered: Tue February 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodad642
posted Hide Post
The guest speakers that took time out of their busy day..... showed their support.... maybe a nice email to thank them if you can find the time...
State Rep (GOP) Ed Orcutt
State Rep (GOP) Kirk Pearson
Senator (D-Potlatch) Tim Sheldon
State Rep (GOP) Cary Codotta
Mayor Of Washougal, Stacee Sellers
Owner Of Cycle Barn, Jim Boltz
Iraq, Purple Hart, Veteran Rick White
The whole WOHVA Team
AMA Dist 27 Team
The Voice of Washougal (North West) Brian Barns
Define the moment film crew http://www.definethemoment.net/news/?p=1367
On very short notice 15 members of ABATE showed support (less than 24 hr notice)

I understand we all have obligations that take priority over riding but we need to also understand at this time there is at least one or more bills attacking your right to ride in all 50 states. Sitting on our collective asses will get nothing done. Please take the time to thank these people for their support and get involved.