New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite NW riders for 2011
 Login/Join

Picture of Workman #21
posted
I’m up here in Gods own Pacific Northwest with good temps, Christmas just pasted, and time to spare so I got to thinking who’s up for 2011 honors in 2011 in my hood this year.

Here’s my list of NW Washington fav’s for 2011 what’s yours?

*Crater, cause he’s solid, aggressive, and professional both on TV and Track
*Abregio, cause he’s kind off the track an animal on
*Howell, cause he’s a good kid, can live outta a box van, and appreciates all the help he can get and shows it.
*Anstett, he’s got brutal talent, knows how to greet peeps
*Jurin, New pro, much to learn, wicked skills, good parents
*Lymburner, Alaska, Hard work, balanced, good future. Pushed me into making KW logo

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Potter? Tapia? R. Johnson? T. Mort? Lacey?

Probably some others, but I can see these guys making a mark this year...

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All the names brought up are super fast and need to be mentioned , but I think "Bay Boy Tommy Weecks" should be on that list as well. He is a local NW rider that moved to Cali 3-4 years ago.
This kid should run top 10 all year long.

Posts: 336 | Location: MT VERNON WA US | Registered: Mon November 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No doubt,Tommy has skilllzzzzzz!!!!

Posts: 37 | Location: seattle, wa. usa | Registered: Wed March 10 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
i heard ross is done racing from a few people

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What about Jonah Street on the Yamaha GYTR 450 on the 2011 Dakar rally? I know this is a MX site but gotta give props to the riders from Washington

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hutchracer,

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
My favorite riders (in no particular order)

Crater--cuz he is journeyman pro who is always willing to talk to folks

Dan Moore--cuz he is one of the most genuine guys I know and he is a fast old guy

Ken Workman--cuz he is so into the sport and does so much that no one knows about

Marnie/Tiffany---well cuz they are women and women racers are just cool

Aaron--cuz he is the MXPPA president and an all around nice guy

Don McBride--cuz he and I can battle all day long and he will never ride dirty

Eric Waunch--cuz he gives so much to the sport and hosts this most wonderful board

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
idk for sure but word on the street Potter broke his wrist Frown

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
What about Jonah Street on the Yamaha GYTR 450 on the 2011 Dakar rally?

Sorry Hutchracer,

I look every year for Jonha in Dakar event. About the only reason I watch it anymore on TV. Jonha's in by my count.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
Jonah Street usually does pretty good at the Desert 100 race. I think he won a few times or close. I noticed the caliber of good fast desert riders the last few years at Odessa. Good race to watch if you have a free Sunday spring 2011, donr know the exact date but its on Stumpjumpers site.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: blaze,

Posts: 188 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Sat December 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think if I remember right he took 7th overall in the bikes but we will see how he does this year when the rally starts in 2 days.
www.dakar.com

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pauls is a good list with the addition of Jake Anset and Chris Howell because they are nice guys and put out a lot of effort.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post