E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  **PIT**TALK**    shoei helmet? late 80s early 90s?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

shoei helmet? late 80s early 90s?
 Login/Join

posted
Does anyone remember the name/model of the old shoei helmet from the late 80s to early 90s that had a larger faces piece? If so anyone have one?

Posts: 108 | Location: Everett,Wa | Registered: Wed March 16 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Parker
posted Hide Post
Maybe the vx4? They had a vx3 in the mid 80s then the vx4 came out in about 88.. It was the first full faced helmet that Jeff Ward wore (in 89). They had those until '91 when the VFX line started.

Posts: 255 | Location: Mattawa, WA, USA | Registered: Sun November 16 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
know anyone that has one?

Posts: 108 | Location: Everett,Wa | Registered: Wed March 16 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I had an FX4 back about mid 90's.

You might try EBay.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Parker
posted Hide Post
That one on ebay is a good picture of the vx3. The 4 looks similar but the mouth vent is like 2 big holes.

Those FX's in the 90's were a low priced Shoei. I had an FX1 in '92.

Posts: 255 | Location: Mattawa, WA, USA | Registered: Sun November 16 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
I have a Jeff Emig Replica Shoei from the Mid 90's.

The Asian Sensation - Stirring Sh** Since '89.

Posts: 693 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue November 30 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
looking for a vx3.