Ok start the talk
 Login/Join

Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justin Anderson:
quote:
Originally posted by blaze:
I would like to see congress pay based on productivity only. You could figure in several economic factors GDP, unemployment etc etc to base thier pay on. Pay starts at ZERO and goes up as the economy does and no problem paying them well in a rip-roaring economy.

Problem with that, is there is too many congressmen (All of the democrats, and most of the republicans) that simply do not understand economics, Wouldnt work.

What they need to do is limit the congressional session to 1 month a year, cut the salary in half, and make them reside in their home states, and fly into DC for the session.

Some states have managed to balance budgets without raising taxes..On a federal level...Those guys, no matter what we may think of their lack of intelligence, are not that dumb. They know what needs to be done but just dont do it because they fear losing their cushy job that feeds their egos and that is why we as a country are in this delima right now.

Posts: 188 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Sat December 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Hawkins
posted Hide Post
Dear Mr. President, I heard you say you will not guarantee SS checks if the debt ceiling isn't raised. Why is it the scare always has to do with SS, Medicare, & our Soldiers pay? Why not stop your pay or all of Congress, Senate, or the I.R.S. to save more money for our country? Why use Seniors, Soldiers, & our Needy as examples? Take the money from those who take no risks and reap the benefits? Repost if you agree!

Hawk

Posts: 354 | Location: Redmond | Registered: Fri January 18 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Anderson
posted Hide Post
Funny that the money blown on the "stimulus" would helped this situation. Fail.

"If life is the face of a rutted jump, will you pick the line that drags your footpegs?"

Posts: 294 | Location: Buckley | Registered: Fri December 29 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
This country fell victim to a trap many decades ago - the Easy-Money one. That’s where nobody has to work (hard) because by our very nature we out work everyone else. Years ago we began automating, simplifying and robotacising life so much so that our leaders began to boast about how we (USA) were privileged.

We were entitled and that through our superior education we would be the Engineering capital of the world and therefore be entitled to a more enlightened life. It seems like the rest of the world has figured out that with Computing comes Engineering and engineering $cost less (total overall) than Manufacturing. It's a ratio folks...how many engineers does it take to pay the national debt. Aint Rocket Science to figure it out. Ans: Manufacturing.

Note that I did not say that the USA engineers thought this way for it is my opinion that any forward thinking person surely would not sacrifice the ALL for the sake of the “I” and end the world? Hot Damn if that aint just what's going on in Wash DC even as I write.

Me..an independent voter, I reserve the right to express my opinion that our then (ancient times) politicians did profess this truth and I further reserve my right to the opinion that decades (many) before these same Academicians and Politicians expressed a faith of truth in Mathematical theory and a not-so-obliging-one to the Human condition of free thought.

To that end I can add only this … Gravity-Sucks-the-Impact-Hurts. Nothing better than pancakes-n-bacon cooking over an early morning weekend day fire.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Auzzi152:
quote:
Originally posted by B Sharkey:
a good start would be to kick every non usa citizen out who is milking the system. pretty bad when someone gets their medical paid for when they arent even a citizen here. dont even get me started

I think you should take it one step further and say "native americans are the only ones who should get free medical"... They are the only true locals... Ive gone to the emergency room on your dime a few times sharkey so for that... thank you... Maybe you want me deported... I guess your moto finishes would be one place better if i was booted back to the land down under Smile is that your real motivation? An interesting point Sharkey...
all im saying is one should put in to get something out. could i go to europe or anywhere else in the world and get the frre ride people get here. im not to worried about your motorcycle career auzzi ha ha

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Do the Math Brian...

Native Americans loose...

World Wide Pandemics wiped us (Indigenous) out.

Yr 1730 USA looses 30% of Indigenous due European Small Pox, Measles, and Malaria.

1774-1784 we loose another 80% and then 1830-1860 another 66%

Free Medical?

K.YaYus?Stubs

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Workman #21,

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
ken you know what im talking about. i know plenty of people from out of this country who got their citizenship and are working hard like the rest of us.im talking about the people who are abusing the system and are proud of it who will never have a job and dont WANT one either.

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
I hear ya Brian,

I've been doing some native population research and the numbers are stunning. The words Free Medical struck me ... Not much use having free medical if no one's around to use it.

posted Hide Post
Remember, not only did you contribute to Social Security but your employer did too. It totaled 15% of your income before taxes. If you averaged only 30K over
your working life, that’s close to $220,500.

If you calculate the future value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer’s contribution) at a simple 5% (less than what the govt. pays on the money that it borrows),

after 49 years of working (me) you’d have $892,919.98.

If you took out only 3% per year, you receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years, and that’s with no interest paid on that final amount on deposit!

If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you’d have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month. The folks in Washington have pulled off a bigger Ponzi scheme than Bernie Madhoff ever had.

Entitlement my ass , we paid cash for our social security insurance!!!! Just because they borrowed the money , doesn't make our benefits some kind of charity or handout !!

Congressional benifits , aka. free healthcare , outrageous retirement packages , 67 paid holidays , three weeks paid vacation , unlimited paid sick days , now that's welfare , and they have the nerve to call retirement entitlements !!!!!!.....scroll down.............>

What the HELL's wrong?

WAKE UP AMERICA !!!!

April 12, 2011 Calif. Daily Bulletin paper, ran two articles on the front page side by side :

1- Calif 's 20 Billion Dollar Budget Deficit

2- The Calif Supreme Court ruling that ILLEGALS can attend college and get benefits.

Why don't they just deport them when they arrive to register?

3- Last year they ran an article on the yearly costs to Calif Taxpayers from Illegals using Hospital Emergency Rooms for their general health care -

At just one hospital the cost to tax payers totaled over 25 million a year.

Someone please tell me what the HELL's wrong with all the people that run this country!!!!!!

We're "broke" & can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc.,???????????

In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti , Chile , and Turkey. And now Pakistan ......home of bin Laden. Literally, BILLIONS of
DOLLARS!!!

Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid nor do they get any breaks while our government and religious organizations pour Hundreds of Billions of $$$$$$'s and Tons of Food to Foreign Countries!

They call Social Security and Medicare an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives and now when its time for us to collect, the government is running out of money. Why did the government borrow from it in the first place?

We have hundreds of adoptable children who are shoved aside to make room for the adoption of foreign orphans.

AMERICA: a country where we have homeless without shelter, children going to bed hungry, elderly going without 'needed' meds, and mentally ill wihout treatment -etc,etc.

YET...................They have a 'Benefit' for the people of Haiti on 12 TV stations, ships and planes lining up with food, water, tents clothes, bedding, doctors and
medical supplies.

Imagine if the *GOVERNMENT* gave 'US' the same support they give to other countries.

Sad isn't it?

Hawk

Posts: 354 | Location: Redmond | Registered: Fri January 18 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very well said. There is nothing wrong with the elected officials. If you were able to do to them what they are doing to us you would be in charge. One way to stop them is term limits. That will not happen because they are in charge. They are not going to give up their gravey train. The other way would be similar to Libya or egypt!

Posts: 25 | Location: Lynnwood | Registered: Fri January 26 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
When Obama used the scare about the SS checks not going out the Reps should have introduced a "SS guarantee check bill" for him to sign Smile

Posts: 188 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Sat December 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
I think were better off with someone that is not so worldly, not so smooth talking, someone simple, yes vote Palin! Who cares if she sounds stupid sometimes I think that's perfect, I think she can relate to us common folks and common sense thinking better than these smooth talkin bastards. I don't think she is afraid to say fck u to anybody. I like when she said she loves the smell of emissions, hell we all do, we drive everywhere, she would find us away to drill right here. At this point I don't think you need to be all that smart to be the president, just need a honest one with common sense not another liar promising all this change. If we have a problem somewhere she might just pull out her shot gun and say to the boys nuke the bitches and let's move on we got oil to drill!

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Palin is smart and yes I think she could and would relate to US, but she did not complete her term as Governor of Alaska so that bothers me do not want her to quit when the going gets ruff.

Hawk

Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
i dont like the way the republicans blamed their problems on her when it didnt work out for them. that was weak on their part and im sure didnt make her feel to good