Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Election
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Justin. You don't need to figure it out. Looks like Paul's buddy figured out the proper procedures. Roll Eyes Paul. You defend the liberals the best you can but my counter to your 7% is that some industries rates will raise 22%. So there you go. Even a 7% raise is bullshit in this economy. But who cares the libs have absolute power which means they are corrupt absolutely.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
This economy is why they had to rais the rates, not as many workers helping pay, higher costs. Looks like the majority is between 10%-15%. The dangerous jobs, logging construction etc ar in the %20-30% range.

Seems to me you have raised the price for racing the P.R.O. series and Top Gun each year for the past couple of years and it was more than 12%

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post

1- Not as many workers in this economy I would think that would mean not as many claims so that might mean less money paid out...?

2- Yes less workers so less money paid in so did they lay off a bunch of L&I staff that is not needed or they just raised the rates to make up the difference?

3- I know guys that road race bikes and they told me they pay anywhere from $100 to $200 a class and I beleive they dont have to dozer prep the track or water it idk is this true?

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ken-Thanks for your vote of confidence. Paul-Yes on the privatize and I owned a auto repair shop, where people do get injured. Justin-The business can take a small amount of the L&I out of your check. But who really pays L&I? "Mister Cutomer" pays L&I because neither the owner nor the employee has a money tree in their back yard.
With privatization your government would still regulate the insurance as they do now. Would that part be better? Probably not. Trying to regulate honesty is a very difficult thing to do and best left up to a higher power.The best we could hope for would be that truely deserving injured folks be taken care of by the insurance they pay! Further, that competition among the insurance companies would see a decrease in the amount we pay.In my case a company called ICM which was or is a claims management company was better able to manage our claims (automotive Service association) and actually recieve re-funds.
If we allow government to continue on it's current path we will all be regulated into a rubber chair at home so that we can't get hurt!!! I do not want ths regulation because I want to try and jump some of the big jumps that Workman does.

Posts: 25 | Location: Lynnwood | Registered: Fri January 26 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paul.
P.R.O. has not raised our gate fee for 10 years.
P.R.O. has not raised the race fee since 2004.
That would be 6 years ago for those counting.
P.R.O. has not raised the TOP GUN race fee for 2 years and lowered the team fee 2 years in a row. Facts smarty pants, facts.

Labor and industries has raised their rates 58.37% in 10 years. In that same period they have attempted to raise rates 172%. The U.S. inflation rate is 28% over the last 10 years.

Paul You're right on your first point. The increase Jan 1 is 12%. That would be between 10 and 15. You get the booby prize this week.

Good stuff Steve and TRA.

What the hell is a booby prize anyway?

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Uh Ted, two years ago it was $30 to race an event, this past year it was $35. That's 12%. Even if you say it's the same if buy the membership, that costs $30 so it's still $33, an 8% increase.

I did read that Washingtopn state is ranked 26th for L&I rates, right in the middle.

TRA. I think the percentage of health care increase is much more than the loss of employees, hence increase.

And for what it's worth, I voted for privatization of L&I. I see and have seen a lot of abuse of the system. I'd like to see them crack down.

And Ted health care costs have increased waaaay more than 58% in 10 years. If you want to blame someone blame the health care industry.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Paul 061,

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
OK Paul Thanks ConfusedLOL!!!

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
TRA did you buy that 200?

Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
No didn't get it- lookin at a 05 kdx200 now- or possible klx250

posted Hide Post
Paul we actually lowered our prices for the 50cc and 60cc riders a few years ago. No one else has done that.
The $35.00 race fee is only for non members. Maybe 10 to 20% of our entries. P.R.O. members are still $30.00 for the 85cc and up.
Ya healthcare costs have skyrocketed and I'm totally with you on the L&I fraud and abuse.
It is out of control.

Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
Paul there is fidty too states.
As for less workers costing less because there are less injurys is true to a point . But what about the guys that are collecting checks until they die of old age or while mountain climbing.
They dems have shot them selves in the foot so to speak by appointing "judges that award millions of dollars to people who may not need that level of compensation.
M

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine just had emergency retina reattachment a few weeks ago and just his bill.... $29,900. Diagnosed on a Friday afternoon, in the hospital for surgery early Saturday morning and out that same evening!! Be interesting to see how they (can) itemize that bill??

Posts: 188 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Sat December 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
I never saw any bills for my on the job injury paid for by L&I?

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post