New
Find
Notify
Tools

Election
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Oh come on Ted, you are a business man you know how the L&I system works. It's not a broad increase for everyone. Your rates are based upon your industry and the amount of claims your industry generates. Get the folks scamming the system off the books, make your employees safer so you have no claims, get your peers to do the same. L&I is not a money making system.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
Most of the time, and I know from experience, L&I claims are the fault of the employee, not the employer, why should the employer have to pay for the stupid mistakes of the employee???

The scamming would cease if employees had to pay L&I out of their checks...

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
You think no insurance is the way to go? Leave every case in the court?

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys 12% is the Min. 25% is the max
Of course the building industry is going to be hit hard because of the risk involved. But if you think that CG does not have a vendeta againt the BIAW for funding the voter fraud cases against the state you are mistaken.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Justin Anderson:
Most of the time, and I know from experience, L&I claims are the fault of the employee, not the employer, why should the employer have to pay for the stupid mistakes of the employee???

If I'm not mistaken employees pay a portion of it. Tell the guy with black lung it's his fault, or the guy with asbestos poisoning it's his fault, my buddy got ran over by a fork lift, guy a Boeing got killed by a crane that collapsed. Justin I'm not bashing or being an ass but what is your occupation? have you ever worked a job where you could die or be maimed every day?

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vern#119:
Sorry guys 12% is the Min. 25% is the max
Of course the building industry is going to be hit hard because of the risk involved. But if you think that CG does not have a vendeta againt the BIAW for funding the voter fraud cases against the state you are mistaken.

Oh come on Vern you have been drinking out of Ted's coffee cup. The actuarial data says the increase should be much more. CG has nothing to do with it. If you get in a wreck or get a DUI and your car insurance goes up is it a conspiracy also?

Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
I bet the vast majority of L-I claims are back injurys and I bet most of those were caused by IMPROPER lifting.

Posts: 188 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Sat December 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ran a business in WA State for 24 years. I joined an association that managed our L&I administration and claims. This is "a middle man". By doing so we saved about 25%. The state is incapable of running anything with prudent business accumen. That was the proof for me. The oversite would still be in place so that argument doesn't fly. L&I is jobs for state employees...period! As for how much someone pays another person what business is that of yours! Thanks...I just had to rant. Own a business in this state and learn why Ted is who he is!!!

Posts: 25 | Location: Lynnwood | Registered: Fri January 26 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
I've had one on the job injury in 35 years. I was in to see the doctor and out with out any issues in one day. Oh got sick one time and tried to use my medical insurance-what a joke.

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
So Steve did you vote for the privatization of L&I? What was your business? Not trying to be an ass, it just seems that there are alot of "paper" businesses these days. I don't understand this statement?

As for how much someone pays another person what business is that of yours!

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Ahh..Paul,

Steve D's got a pretty good handle on life. If he rants I listen.

Q: Does that mean I gotta listen to Ted rant too. Holy Crap-Ola are my ears gonna burn!

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
I have a job where I could be maimed or killed on a daily basis and I don't even have an employer to ask for help from. I think I should just ask all my democrat friends if they would be willing to help me out if I can't quite pay my cable bill this month. ahahhahahaha

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crater:
I have a job where I could be maimed or killed on a daily basis and I don't even have an employer to ask for help from. I think I should just ask all my democrat friends if they would be willing to help me out if I can't quite pay my cable bill this month. ahahhahahaha

Dont worry Greg as soon as about 9 college students almost kill themselves on a dirt bike they will just take that risky job of yours away by pulling all bikes from the dealership floors. After all they could cause someone serious harm. 4 LOCO anyone? LOL

Posts: 295 | Location: Sultan Wa | Registered: Wed November 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crater:

You should speak with your union steward about your working conditions. :-)

posted Hide Post
Paul they are raising the rates because: "we can't ignore the fact that the severe, persistant reccession has increased workers com claim costs."
So way less people are working and those left with a job are falling down more? WTF!

They did not involve the legislature in this decision. It was an "emergency". This is the rule of law they use to break the law to steal our money. You know, like all the ORV money they stole.

I'm going to one of the hearings they are having (after they raise the taxes) on L&I.
It will be fun!

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
quote:

If I'm not mistaken employees pay a portion of it. Tell the guy with black lung it's his fault, or the guy with asbestos poisoning it's his fault, my buddy got ran over by a fork lift, guy a Boeing got killed by a crane that collapsed. Justin I'm not bashing or being an ass but what is your occupation? have you ever worked a job where you could die or be maimed every day?

I do work at a place where I could be killed, chop my fingers off, burn myself, "run myself over with a forklift", and lots of other dangers.

Ive been hurt on the job 3 times in the near decade ive been working here, and each time was my own fault.

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Justin. How do you run over yourself with a forklift? Razz

Paul. The L&I increase was an across the board increase.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
No Ted the 12% was average. Some industries were less than that. 7% I believe was the lowest I saw.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted:

I could probably unintentionally figure out a way to make it happen....Big Grin

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ted:

I could probably unintentionally figure out a way to make it happen....Big Grin

That's not even a good thing to joke about. My buddy at work got ran over by a fork lift and lost his leg at the knee.