Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hinson single spring
 Login/Join

posted
Just a quick update on the SS hinson. Since we couldn't get the stock clutch to last and installing the Hinson,here is our results. After tearing down bike weekly,no discolor with the drive plates. Great results compared to replacing plates weekly! JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Is there a diagram of this online? I would like to see the design.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found this http://www.vitalmx.com/product...nents-SS-Series,2600

I'd like to hear some more info on it, the stock clutch is garbage on my 450, I need to figure out whats the best set up

Posts: 82 | Location: mill creek | Registered: Sat November 15 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do we notice. Feel,is just the way you would think a clutch should feel. Smoothe,progressive engagement. Realiability,very good to outstanding,quality of parts(I do make things)excellent!
Cost?we were putting in a set of plates weekly,sometimes this affected races,kid rides a lot and notices stuff going wrong so think cost cheap. Hinson dose offer a 6 spring set-up but we have been very happy with the single,plus its "TRICK"! Honda has a problem with their clutch and this is a fix,might be other ways to fix the problem but I know this one works. JR
PS when walking around the pits hard to find a bike that doesn;t run Hinson,so we have lots of company.

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post