E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  **PIT**TALK**    Top privateer going back to 2008 CRF's???
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top privateer going back to 2008 CRF's???
 Login/Join

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Haha with some laughing (and grins). Good to see Paul's figured out how to get a pic posted (image URL Paul, choose image URL) here on EW's NW Motocross Forums but does it really take an polished and shiny RMX mounted with a turbo to be competitive in the dirt.

Dude...almost looks like your ride.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crater:
well to each his own Jason. I just really like the way the bike works. The motor is faster than it feels but you have to willing to short shift it and ride like a four stroke is really built to be ridden. We will have to just wait and see but I dont think your "65" hp will pull much on my 50 or 51 hp 09. 65 might be a little but of a high number. I have had 480 cheater bikes with u4 that only did 58. I wouldn't mind seein that dyno chart. Not saying you dont have it just sayin that its pretty impressive. For 1 just the shear number of horsepower and for 2 that you can hold onto that thing for a whole moto, I know that would be tough for me.
they said in the transworld shootout the ktm 450 made 60 hp.(stock bike( thats 5 more than the honda so maybe 65 is possible

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Workman #21:
Sounds like a good conversation going on here, think I'll chime in.

The 09 has weak spots for sure the most notable (imho) the forks no not the dampening the seals, they stick. It's obvious when you ride a KX with its DLC (Diamond Like Coating) and Ultra-Low-Stiction? seals that somethings up. Up enough to make me start enquiring into tube swapage, Red-to-Green.

The 08 has the HP right outta-the-box no question but can it be easily enhanced as in Plug-N-Play like an 09?, not as far as I know. You still got to do the whole cam swap and port grinding thing as far as I know.

The 08 was a fun bike but a bit scary too. I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed serious head shake even with a damper.

Nope, it's 09 for me and so with many thanks and much appreciation extended to all you pro's, you know who you are, I'd like to thank you for all your time and effort. It's an 09 Red bike for me and going forward maybe an O-ten. It's ridable, tunable, racable. It tastes good.

09 is a new year going this way for Red, they had to switch. Want real performance try in 2010 (no need to thank me - grins) go Red. 09's good but once they get DLC it'll be untouchable. Ten is the year.

All that's left for me now is to figure out how to get KYBs KX DLC fork tubes into my 09 Red's sleeves. Add a couple Ultra-Low-Stiction seals and a Subway and I'm in heaven.
puit a smaller throttle body and it will increase the velocity and ill bet the bark comes back. well see what they in 2010

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
well I can tell you that my 09 made about 51 or 52 on crowers dyno after the cam was installed. stock pipe on pump gas with a steeper lobe and longer duration. these numbers being so high are hard to believe. I have had cheater bikes running on cheater gas that have only been around 58. so again I would like to see what a ktm does on crowers dyno. They all read different afterall.

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
Just got word from crower that on his dyno the KTM bone stock is 53 hp.

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
My 2 cents: Don't believe anything you read in Transworld. I really have no use for that magazine.... I subscribe to 5 mx magazines and I don't think I will bother with renewing TWMX.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Wed May 05 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jensensps_179
posted Hide Post
i think some guys are riding 08's because the 09 decompression breaking making the bike unreliable........crater knows what im talking about.

Posts: 136 | Location: tri-cities,wa | Registered: Mon February 04 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jensensps_179:
i think some guys are riding 08's because the 09 decompression breaking making the bike unreliable........crater knows what im talking about.

I had that problem with my 07 Honda 450. The bike was less than a month old and the decompression arm broke.
No problem with my 09 in any way, decompression or otherwise.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Workman #21,

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Ok I'm overweight I know but some might say a "svelte" 200lbs aint so bad. Sure my springs are still a bit weak but I have yet to have any cam or otherwise breakages (serial #JHXXXXXXX701247).

mx510, PM me about the "..edited.." (or not) thing.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now that we have fuel injection and that of course means an on board computer i will be waiting for telemetry to be a new tool just like NASCAR lol

you can get telemtry on rc cars!! i dont think it should be that hard to put it on bikes

Posts: 109 | Location: Bonney Lake | Registered: Tue July 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Workman #21:
Ok I'm overweight I know but some might say a "svelte" 200lbs aint so bad. Sure my springs are still a bit weak but I have yet to have any cam or otherwise breakages (serial #JHXXXXXXX701247).

mx510, PM me about the "..edited.." (or not) thing.
Ken I have no idea what you are asking for?

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
mx510, check for the Private Message ("PM") tab at the top of your (this) page. It'll be right up there next to the "Go", "New", "Find", "Notify"...tab buttons.

Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
Ken, the honda guys say that to avoid breakages to run your high idle when you start the bike. Or just make sure to rev up the bike a bit right when you start the bike. Low RPM is said to not spin the cam fast enough to open the spring which activates/deactivates the compression release pin. there you have it to fix it just rev up your bike.