Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suspension/Engine work?
 Login/Join

posted
Wanting to make my bike more confidence inspiring by getting my suspension setup for me, can anyone advise a reputable suspension or two stroke engine shop or guy. Was looking at having motopro in woodenville do my suspension but have not actually talked to them since im still researching good local shops i plan on rebuilding my engine completely and was wondering if its a waste of time to have the cases matched and exhaust port/pv polished? Its a 2001 kx250 that has sat since 2003, which is why i think it feels underpowered

Posts: 9 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Mon July 25 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kimball #126
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
What Kimballer said. EVO Ind.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Mull
posted Hide Post
Yup! x3 on Dan Moore @ EVO industries!

Posts: 271 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 28 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chaz822
posted Hide Post
X4!

Posts: 35 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Thu July 08 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Truthfully...
Its an 2001. You can dump at least $1000 into getting the suspension and motor done, and its still a 2001 KX250. The bike is 10 years old. The suspension and handling on the newer bikes are X10 better.
Save your money and keep your eyes open for a newer bike.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I have an 06 450 with the suspension done $2700

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auzzi152
posted Hide Post
If you decide to go Eric's route and get a new or newer bike send the suspension to Dan at EVO to get your suspension dialed... If you decide to freshen up your 01 send the suspension to Dan at EVO to get your suspension dialed... Great work and great customer service...

Posts: 435 | Location: your moms house | Registered: Wed December 03 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Being 10 years older is deff a handicap, but how much faster are people today than they were in 01? are the lap times better significantly on a dialed in 01 compared to a 2011 mx 2 stroke?
I do plan on getting a newer bike someday but i wonder how much of a diff i will see?
Maybe the new ktm or yz 250 will be my next bike then make the kx mywifes bike with an addedflywheel to tame it.

Posts: 9 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Mon July 25 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
Fixing up older bikes is a fun hobby if you enjoy doing most the work yourself. You may want to read one of Eric Gorrs' books. But if you just want to ride buy a newer bike.

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Save up and get a new one...yes, they are really that much better.

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post