Find
Notify
Tools

Anton "Tony" Shatz
 Login/Join

Picture of TJ 755
posted
RIP
Grandpa Tony passed away on x-mas eve 2008. He owned and operated Sea-tac cycles in renton, also known as Renton Yamaha. As a former national dirt tracker in the 60's his passion for racing was always prevalent, always giving rides, bikes, parts..what ever it took just for the love of dirt bikes. We fielded some mighty teams back in the old dealers challenge days, might have even won a couple, I don't remember but the good times I always will. He basically raised his grandsons Scott, Troy and Brett to be good men...Hell I was there the whole time too...many lessons in Whiskey, Women, bikes and life.
Thanks for everything along the way my friend.

RIP Tony

Posts: 87 | Location: North Bend | Registered: Fri March 28 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
I met Tony my first time when I was about 12 the shop was booming then.
We were camping with Johny Rocranze at the cabin.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tony was a cool Grandpa to have. Sorry Troy, Scott and Brett. That makes 2008 an even greater loss to our motocross family.
2008 sucked.

Godspeed Tony.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post