Find
Notify
Tools

EW on Wifeswap
 Login/Join

Picture of E.W. #849
posted
OK....Where do I start?
The last month has been nuts for me. I was contacted by the show Wife Swap. They wanted to teach 3 kids to ride dirtbikes and have them in a race. Its much easier said than done. With the weather in the Northwest we would have to rent an arena for Thurday and Friday. Find a race Saturday night.
So EW pulled it together and made it happen.
We rented the Oakwood arena in Yelm for last Thursday and Friday. There was a go cart flat track race there Saturday night. I contacted the promotor and talked him into giving us a race.
THURSDAY:
I got on the road at 5:30am. I had to stop by BBR and pick some bikes up. Not just any bikes but the new BBR Perimeter frame 150R.
While at BBR, I got a call that the dozzer opperator couldnt get his truck out of his driveway with the snow. I was freakin out!!! I ended up renting a bobcat for a friend to build a basic track. When I showed up at the arena. There was a track still built from the weekend. There was supposed to be no track there. I called the rental company back and cancelled the bobcat.
After awhile my buddies John and Tyler Hansen, Tod and Tanner Morris showed up. I let those guys ride for a bit before the group got there.
When the group showed up. I found out their Dad wouldnt let them ride Thursday. The dad had to work and didnt want them riding without him there. We got them geared up. Showed them the how bikes work and they watched us ride.
FRIDAY: So.....Our two days of training got cut into one day of about 3-4 hours. I had to get 3 riders riding bikes good enough to be in a flat track race the next day. What a challenge!! You really have NO IDEA!!! It was an adventure!!! But I got them riding.
This is a pic from there house. That is a list of the new house rules. #10 To learn motocross and ride bike!! (Myself, Dane age 11, Cameron age 8, Sterling age 14)

SATURDAY: What a crazy day!!! I contacted a small group of northwest riders to be in the flat track race with us. All of us met at the Oakwood arena around 4pm. We had a 10 lap practice and two 8 lap motos. Cameron was the WINNER!!!!

The lady that they did the wife swap with was Stephanie Starling from Florida. Ameture national rider Justin Starlings mom. Super cool lady!!

This will be aired mid Febuary.
What a crazy project though!!! A ton of work to make this happen!! I kept it on the down low because I really didnt think it would panout!!

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kimball #126
posted Hide Post
Ahhahhahaha, Wow, they must be hella desperate.... no really, good exposure! This is fricken sweet!

BK

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Oh great, now that you're a famous trainer none of us will be able to afford you!

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the stickers over the TLD stickers!

Nice work EW!!!

Posts: 562 | Location: Bonney Lake, WA USA | Registered: Tue February 17 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Not by choice. Because its an ABC program. The would go through and cover all logos up.
But you knew it was TLD and everyone else will also! HOPEFULLY TLD DOES!!! They sent new gear just for that show!!

quote:
Originally posted by bwise:
I like the stickers over the TLD stickers!

Nice work EW!!!

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
very cool.......of all the forums......"wife swap" ha....
2017 top gun trivia question........
"way back in 2007 ewmxschools aired on what national tv show?"....
1) speed channels: weekly two wheel show.....

2) espn 2 racing weekly:

3) "wife swap" on ABC

4) none of the above

now the trick answer should be 3.......

nice,,,very nice.....

Posts: 433 | Location: dbrazier@motors-controls.com | Registered: Fri January 14 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Haha..top scores on your leader, I looked (grins). So here's my obligatory "Congrtas" and "Way cool" compliment but my real question is this (tell the truth) .. you didn't have those guys doing push ups - did ya?

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh great! Sun glasses 24 / 7, a bunch of groupies hanging out all the time, hot chic's on both arms. Celeb status! Well, except for the hot chic's he already has a celeb status. Did they have to tape out the BBR too? What's that all about?

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rad_mxer317
posted Hide Post
Eric how'd you like the 150?

Posts: 1034 | Location: TUMWATER | Registered: Tue November 25 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
They are trying to air this on Feb 5th.

Picture of mxrider759
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by E.W. #849:
They are trying to air this on Feb 5th.

what 150?? whos making it

Posts: 7 | Location: mill creek | Registered: Sat December 31 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rad_mxer317
posted Hide Post
BBR, wait till you all see the frame it's so sick!! well the whole bike is!

Posts: 1034 | Location: TUMWATER | Registered: Tue November 25 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice!....... kudo's

Posts: 11 | Location: Hermiston, Oregon | Registered: Wed January 24 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Infamous18
posted Hide Post
If anyone has comcast DVR or tivo then you can schedual the recording of Wife Swap now so you dont accidentally miss it. Thats what i just did.

For those of you who cant record it the tv says that its on Monday Feb 5th and its from 8-9pm on Komo. But dont soley go off of this cuz it may be different for your tv.

also Eric what does that rule that all of you are pointin at in the one picture say?

Posts: 8 | Location: Snohomish | Registered: Sat March 11 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geez EW, I imagine you had your hands full:

"A WIFE WHO WORSHIPS HER MOTOCROSS RACING-CHAMPION SON SWAPS LIVES
WITH A WIFE WHO WORSHIPS MOTHER EARTH, ON ABC'S "WIFE SWAP"

This week in "Starling/Sweany-Ernst," a mom who plans her whole family's lives around her thirteen-year-old son's motocross obsession swaps lives with a mom who worships Mother Earth and talks to fairies, on "Wife Swap," MONDAY, FEBRUARY 5 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Each week from across the country, two families with very different values are chosen to take part in a two-week long challenge. The wives from these two families exchange husbands, children and lives (but not bedrooms) to discover just what it's like to live another woman's life. It's a mind-blowing experiment that often ends up changing their lives forever.

For Florida mom Stephanie (51), her husband, John (46), and their kids, Samantha (14) and Justin (13), the primary reason to get out of bed every morning is to push Justin closer to his dream of being a professional motocross champion. The entire family devotes all of their time to him, while daughter Samantha gets dragged along for the ride. In the Starling family, scars are for boys, studying is for girls and the double standard begins there. While Mom is cleaning Justin's goggles and Dad is prepping Justin's bikes, Justin himself is allowed to lay around and watch TV while poor Samantha must help cook, clean and build her schedule around Justin's races. Samantha wishes that her parents would put her in the spotlight from time to time, instead of making her sit on the sidelines watching her brother, but her parents are too caught up in Justin's life to notice.

Stephanie travels to the Washington state home of the Sweany-Ernst family, where Laura (42) her husband, Carol (54), and their three boys, Sterling (14), Dane (11) and Cameron (8), perform pagan rituals, talk to vegetables and trees and pride themselves on treading lightly on Mother Earth. Laura's spiritual life as a "green witch" inspires every decision she makes, from consulting her oracle cards to asking for guidance from the "fairy realm." She believes that corporate sponsored sports are evil and parents who live their dreams through their kids are lost. In the Sweany-Ernst home, there are no traditional male or female roles. Carol helps to cook and clean and the boys follow his lead. The boys all take part in Laura and Carol's rituals, including meditating at their altars and invoking the Goddess, but they'd rather be playing sports and fitting in better with their classmates. Unfortunately, Laura and Carol are too busy examining their own "inner lives" and have not paid enough attention to their kids' outer lives.

In the first week of the swap, Laura Sweany is horrified by how the Starling family thinks nothing of desecrating the earth with motocross and how Samantha and her dreams are being left behind while Justin is waited on hand and foot. When she confronts Dad, John, about their wasteful and unconscious habits, he shouts at her about how the Starlings like "to go big" and then, in retaliation, invites a dozen kids over for her to serve. Meanwhile, Stephanie gets thrown into the deep end of the pagan pool by having to bake muffins for trees, sing to vegetables and learn to use rabbit droppings to make compost.

In the second week of the swap, when the wives change the rules and turn the tables, Laura has the family build personal altars, meditate and take part in a ceremony to apologize to Mother Earth

for all of the violence that motocross has afflicted on her. Justin throws a fit while figuring out how to use the washer and dryer, while John realizes that he's been a careless parent by spoiling Justin and neglecting Samantha .

Meanwhile, Stephanie makes Carol move out of his meditation room and give it to their oldest son, Sterling. The family is asked to talk less to the trees and more to each other by giving up their alternative ways and adopting a way of life that is more focused on the children.

At the end of theswap, when the families are reunited, will Stephanie put the brakes on Justin's all-motor-cross-racing-all-the-time schedule and pay more attention to Samantha? Will Laura put away the pagan god statues and let the boys play sports?

"Wife Swap" is an RDF USA production. It was created by Stephen Lambert and is executive-produced by Wendy Roth and Stephen Lambert of RDF Media ("Faking It" and "Junkyard Wars") and Michael Davies of Embassy Row ("Who Wants to be a Millionaire"). Cristin Cricco, Stephanie Schwam Adams and Mike Gamson are the co-executive producers.

"Wife Swap" is broadcast with Spanish subtitles via secondary closed captioning. A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to airdate.

ABC Media Relations Contact:
Mozell Miley (212) 456-6444"

Posts: 562 | Location: Bonney Lake, WA USA | Registered: Tue February 17 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Open Class
posted Hide Post
holy crap! that sounds to painful to even watch.

---------------------------------------------------------------
"You, you, and you: panic. The rest of you come with me"

Posts: 722 | Location: An island in the middle of a lake | Registered: Sun January 07 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dogz450F
posted Hide Post
Dude.......I Once heard a little tree out at Washougal tell me that they use rabbit droppings to make that dark loamy dirt at Shougal. (This is gonna be good) I'm Watching!!

Posts: 226 | Location: Snotown | Registered: Mon June 27 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Bwise, where did you find that at?

posted Hide Post
Mrs. Starling has posted quite a few posts about it on Motodrive.

Posts: 536 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Wed December 22 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
NAPALM!!!
FEB 5th 8pm on ABC!!!