New
Find
Notify
Tools

powerful letter
 Login/Join

Picture of KinserMoto438
posted Hide Post
tampering with mail is a federal offense, Darren Anstette doesnt take very kindly to people messing with his stuff

*Let up for a second, and thats where you'll finish!*
-Klete #438

Posts: 114 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Mon November 22 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KinserMoto438:
tampering with mail is a federal offense, Darren Anstette doesnt take very kindly to people messing with his stuff

Roll Eyes

all i'm gonna say. not getting involved with this. haha.

The Asian Sensation - Stirring Sh** Since '89.

Posts: 693 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue November 30 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodrew295
posted Hide Post
Wow, who knew...? Klete can spell.

Posts: 525 | Location: kennewick,WA | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rad_mxer317
posted Hide Post
Anstett is spelled wrong.

Posts: 1034 | Location: TUMWATER | Registered: Tue November 25 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dogz450F
posted Hide Post
Man thats a good letter! With an 8 year old of my own that races I find it more of my job to keep him level headed as far as when he dosen't win he gets all worked up on his own. I can't count the # of times each day we race that I don't ask him if he is having fun or not. The day he's not having fun we will find something else to do each and every weekend.

Posts: 226 | Location: Snotown | Registered: Mon June 27 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
My Dad (R.I.P. since July) use to always tell me before every moto "Just go out and have fun out there!!". Unfortunately that is why I am not very good to this day; I was never pushed.

However a guy I rode with back in the day had a Dad that bascically beat his kid any time he did not win. Even though this kids Dad was an officer in the Navy and my Dad was just an enlisted person he confronted this Dad many a time face to face. Never did any good and it ruined the kid. He was fast but with that much pressure you can't perform at your best with that in the back of your mind all the time.

I know my Dad was always one to almost go fist to face with parents when ever he saw them smacking their kid alongside the helmet and screaming at them at the top of their lungs.

Now days there is not much of the hitting going on directly within sight of the pits because child welfare services has all parents scared these days, but I still see similar incidences happening within any kids sport still to this day. Its sad but parents have got to stop living vicariously through their children. Just let them live and learn. Your not going to force them to enjoy a sport or anything that they really are not all that into. If a parent goes to extreme then sure enough the kid will not ever really enjoy it nor reach his full potential.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
A lot of it has to due with the amount of money these parents have out there, and they're pushing the kids to hard. Therefore causing the kids to get burnt out.

I could go on and on on this subject, but I've seen it happen so many times. It's just ridiculous. So I'm just gonna leave it at that.

Posts: 693 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue November 30 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
as a person who has kicked many parents out of my place due to their acting (yelling) towards their childs riding, I agree with may of you on money spent, living vicariously, and so on IT DOESN'T MATTER, If your child WANTS TO RIDE ( or race ) don't force them just support them. Eventhough there are going to be setbacks don't expect themto be the next R.C. or C.R. or Villopoto or Bubba just let them be your kid that enjoys motocross like the rest of us.

Posts: 440 | Location: Royal city | Registered: Fri January 18 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Uncle80
posted Hide Post
I spent my life in the sport of BMX racing. I have spent a lot of time at the motocross races and practices as well helping out a few riders. I have seen this problem so many times in both sports! I have never understood why parents get there kids into a sport or hobby for fun and to keep them out of trouble, to only turn it into trouble itself! I have seen it ruin great racers and scar familys so many times. My parents were nothing but supportive of me in my bmx career! I started as a 11 year old beginner and ended at the age of 22 as a pro. I traveled the country doing all the nationals! My dad even started his own bmx team and sposnored 20 + national calibre riders. He treated every rider as if they were his own kid and only asked them to do the best they could. I had so much fun in the sport until the day I got my first factory sponsor. The factory team managers put so much pressure on me and yelled and threatened all of the riders to perform. I dont think some parents understand that if a kid is under pressure all the time, they tighten up and performance goes down hill! It now becomes a chore every week and not something fun to go do with the family! So many parents spend more and more money thinking thats the problem! The problem is attitude and we all see it way too much in a sport that should be fun for all! Thanks Dad you made my racing career a memorable one!

Posts: 40 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: Tue September 14 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well said Steve. I was one of the fortunate ones luckily, but got an earful from time to time(mainly for looking back and the occasionally wicked one hander or crossup). Support is what all these kids need and not in the form of things but positive reinforcement and love. "Have fun" were the last two words my dad would say before the gate dropped with a huge smile and that would relax me cause he believed in me. I have seen it all out there too and all many of these parents are doing is pushing their kids away and losing the growing years being forceful. Many believe kids will only make it if they are hard on them but the reality is most WILL NOT make it so stop being jackasses and have a good time! Best advice is to go buy a bike and take your kid riding so he or she can see you having fun on a cycle and before long you won't push the little guy so hard either because you wadded up and it hurt or you sucked and realized that this sport it tough to be great at.
If I don't stop I'll get on a rant. Word to the little ones though is just try your hardest every moto and stay within your ability...there is always another race. Braaaaapppp!!!

Posts: 157 | Location: kent, wa, usa | Registered: Tue January 13 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve_:
as a person who has kicked many parents out of my place due to their acting (yelling) towards their childs riding, I agree with may of you on money spent, living vicariously, and so on IT DOESN'T MATTER, If your child WANTS TO RIDE ( or race ) don't force them just support them. Eventhough there are going to be setbacks don't expect themto be the next R.C. or C.R. or Villopoto or Bubba just let them be your kid that enjoys motocross like the rest of us.

Steve while we have had our disagreements that is GREAT that you have kicked people out of your place because of the way people acted towards their kids. I have not personally seen a track do that since Jolly and I think that there should more of that. This could be the only way to help with this problem because lets not kid ourselves at times this is a problem.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
I dunno if anyone around here use to race at SIR on the Pee-Wee track, but I did. There was this kid by the name of CAMERON SMITH.

Worst Pee-Wee Dad I have ever witnessed in my entire life.

Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
man this brings back memories. anybody remember isaac songer? how about lamastus's dad. or villo. man i could go on for ever. I feel like I have the melowest dad ever when it comes to this. He always tells me stories about what all the other dads are saying during motos when they are on the line. ahahahaha its great to hear some of this stuff. He seems to end up standing next to someone that i pass every race. Might mean I need to get better starts though. huh?? but he never mentions things in a negative way. he is a pretty cool dude whenit comes right down to it.

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rad's dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve_:
as a person who has kicked many parents out of my place due to their acting (yelling) towards their childs riding

How could anybody ever yell at their kid at Toes. The place has such a good vibe, I would think it would be impossible. Push ups are another story.

Posts: 312 | Location: Olympia | Registered: Sun November 23 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
there are those typical PEE-WEE dads and moms. I've actually had my wife come down and ask some mothers to leave, because she wouldn't listen to me and I thought she would try and kick my ass after telling her that all she is doing is hurting her two boys future you could see steam.My wife came down and took care of the problem by telling her there's no reason for being a C>^T to your own kids. My wife doesn't talk that way but it worked and we haven't seen that particular family in over 2 years (THANK GOD) as for some parents they will listen to my warning and not make an ass of themselves on the track but who knows what happens in their rigs leaving, hopefully being nice sticks with the parents, so it doesn't hurt their kids future in moto or with their family.

Posts: 440 | Location: Royal city | Registered: Fri January 18 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Anderson
posted Hide Post
Guilty. But the last time I got pissed at Justin was when he "Only" got second in the entire Gold Star Series. It was when he was on a 60 and could have had the series. He came around on the last lap at Washougal and was taking it easy, boy was I pissed! ?? Turned out he crashed up above and hurt his wrist good. Long story short, My SMC buddies took me into a camper and gave me a real good butt chewing about being a dick for a dad. And I've never pushed him since. He's 24 now and still enjoys the sport I got him into.

"If life is the face of a rutted jump, will you pick the line that drags your footpegs?"

Posts: 294 | Location: Buckley | Registered: Fri December 29 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
I remember a kid Jolly he was fast and a really nice kid too Dad was Known for being a hot head. One day after practice I trll this kid was flat out flying great ride was was all happy well the kid takes off his jersy and it looks like he's got chicken pox he says na my dad and his friends shoot me with bb guns to make me ride faster. I almost puked. That Dad didn;t leave Jolly with him. not sure what happened after that.

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post