E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  **PIT**TALK**    TM 2-strokes...a thing of beauty.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TM 2-strokes...a thing of beauty.
 Login/Join

Picture of Vetmx808
posted

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
That 300 is sweet!

Posts: 188 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Sat December 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
Holy crap, those things make KTMs look cheap! The price on that 450 is 9500! They do look sweet but DAMN!

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Yeah, big $$$ for sure...would love to have that 144! It would be sooo much fun!

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motokids
posted Hide Post
Other than cost, is there a reason that they never have taken off over here? I have seen an 85 awhile back, and they are pretty trick bikes!

Posts: 337 | Location: Home | Registered: Mon August 16 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kimball #126
posted Hide Post
Siiiiak! They come with top notch shizzle!

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I was looking at that 300, Marzochi forks though :-(

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have raced 125 shifter karts in the past and Hondas were the hot setup that is until the TM 125s started coming around and it just seemed like it was game over they were so damn fast. I agree that the new TMs are fine looking machines and would stand out big time talk about getting noticed. I wonder how much extra the Ohlinsshock adds to the price

Posts: 229 | Location: Auburn WA | Registered: Tue November 16 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a 2001 TM 85 MX big wheel a while way back in '03 I made into a big wheel and sold it. It was way over built for an '85 wicked fast! I let a big friend ride it he's like 290lbs! and he had a gas on it hitting the jumps out at oak harbor it was pretty funny seeing that.

Crappy importer killed TM and parts where not the greatest for ease of getting them. I

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
Speaking of TMs, this bike has been on the Spokane Craigslist for several weeks now and the price keeps going down on it:

http://spokane.craigslist.org/mcy/2217436019.html

I've been casually browsing for a cheap older 250 2-smoker and I considered this bike but I have no idea about parts availability for a TM so I think I'll just keep looking for a 1999 and up YZ250.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Wed May 05 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
Some of those You-Tube dynos and opinions have the TM125 motors and Kart engine from 36hp to over 40's. One guy claimed 46 and another 50.

Posts: 188 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Sat December 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
I couldn't imagine a 40+ horse 125! That would be siiiiick! I know 2 guys around here that have TM's in their carts...they go 90+mph...

Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
I saw a review that looked credible claiming 48hp at the rear wheel on a 1997 TM250.

That seems pretty strong for a 1997 250 2-stroke, but not so outlandish that it reads as BS.

Someone talk me out of this TM, I keep thinking about it! I saw an 04 YZ250 for $1650 yesterday but it was sold the day it was posted Frown

Posts: 1055 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Wed May 05 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Do it Nathan, and we can meet up at Toes next weekend! (no baby yet?)

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
This 125 pulled a hair under 39hp so I wouldn't doubt someone got 40 out of one. Now its feasible 43-45hp on thier 144 possible. Imagine riding a light flickable 125 with 45HP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...8NbxgqM&feature=fvsr

Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
Do it Nathan, and we can meet up at Toes next weekend! (no baby yet?)

No baby yet! For the 3rd week in a row since we were told "any day now" for the doctor. I wish he never would have said anything. It could be tonight though, you just never know.

I think I've talked myself out of the TM after looking at the cost and availability of parts a little bit. That problem overpowers the "cool because no one has one" appeal of the TM for me. But if he keeps lowering the price then you never know Smile

Toes would be sweet, but what is a weekend??? I think I've heard of those but can't remember what they are now....

Picture of Parker
posted Hide Post
Im in Italy now and went to a preseason GP race in Mantova yesterday. Tanel Leok set the fastest practice time on a TM over David Philliparts on a Yamaha and Kevin Strijbos on a Suzuki. The TM looked awesome and seemed to work as good as any of the Japanese bikes. Leok almost won the first moto and came from way behind to finish 2nd in the 2nd and 3rd motos. The factory TMs all used KYB suspension.

They are a really small factory and seem to be content with producing a limited number of bikes a year. Nearly every part is made in house.

Posts: 255 | Location: Mattawa, WA, USA | Registered: Sun November 16 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Parker:
Im in Italy now

You lucky dog

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
how bout this for your track weapon

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
I would have arm pump in 2.4 seconds with that beast...I wouldn't mind just having the 250 motor in it! That would put a big ol smile on my face!!!