New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Tea Party
 Login/Join

Picture of Bill
posted Hide Post
Right/Left...good thing we can be....I am glad we can debate..(been reading these pages and laughing my ass off!!! way better than any polit board)..this is a great country.(this moto board proves it!!)..the last election proved it...after four years you can pick another one to run this country if want....he or she will have to get more votes than Obama....until then voice dissent and debate.

Posts: 108 | Location: Seattle | Registered: Sat January 28 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How great would the country be without so many dumbass politicians?

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
(BIG LAUGHING) Aaron-Ted, World Peace may be possible!

Thanks Eric for a great MX board even if it (sometimes) gets side tracked (smiles).

Almost makes me wanna sign up for EW MX School...NOT! (Suka! making an old man do pushups! now what's up with that I ask!)

Where's the respect?

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Hey Ted, maybe we should invite K-dub as a Switzerland type dealio when we do our steaks.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
Vern,

I get offended by the common creed from the right and their "ME ME ME" attitude. The total abandonment of the principle of "do unto others as you would have done to you...." is what sickens me. I have heard it stated time and time again, and too many times on this board. "Well, I got mine on my own....Blah Blah Blah."

That is what offends me. Its ok to strive to succeed, but B Anderson summed it up perfectly with his post about greed.

As for sitting back and making sophmoric comments, you are the king with your one liners. However, It's my opinion that most of your sarcastic comments fall short of their intended audience though, and it's not because you excel at typing.

So does this mean that Ted and I are Greedy?
WTF? I'm a bit confused...

I choose self employment so I don't have to report to anyone but the Tax man.
Maybe I just don"t play well with others???
I was raised to treat others as I expect to be treated and have pretty high expectations of others. And am constantly let down by our society.
But all this other political Bullshit aside, You all better hang on to your asses, Because this country is on a rutted downhill with no real stop in sight.
My advice is to have your kids and grand kids study Mandarin.
Oh Yeh, and hang on to your guns!

Ya'all peace out now...

Posts: 289 | Location: lk stevens | Registered: Mon November 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted:

I'll buy Paul a beer for the most posts on here.

As long as you take a drink out of it first Big Grin

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Eric:
So does this mean that Ted and I are Greedy?
WTF? I'm a bit confused...

I choose self employment so I don't have to report to anyone but the Tax man.
Maybe I just don"t play well with others???
I was raised to treat others as I expect to be treated and have pretty high expectations of others. And am constantly let down by our society.
But all this other political Bullshit aside, You all better hang on to your asses, Because this country is on a rutted downhill with no real stop in sight.
My advice is to have your kids and grand kids study Mandarin.
Oh Yeh, and hang on to your guns!

Ya'all peace out now...

No Eric small business owners are not greedy, in fact a bit of greed is healthy for business. The problems arises when you become moraly greedy, i.e. making a profit at others expense and exploiting that expense. If Royce told me that I needed my suspension set up for Supercross so he could charge me more (assuming supercross set up costs more than outdoors), knowing that I am a slow old man who races outdoors; that would be morally greedy. What do I know the difference, he is the expert and I rely on his judgement. Much the same as the homeowners and the loans. If the bank told them they could afford it, then they figured it was OK. The majority of the defaulted loans, the people could afford them (meaning had enough for life necesseties and pay the mortgage). The problem was when they lost their jobs. I would bet there are very few folks that couold truly afford their first house ( I know I was just scraping by when I bought my house). The problem in the past was you could just sell the house rather than forclose. This time, everyone lost their jobs at the same time and couldn't sell the house.

Again, as far as the "loans", it's not the individual corporation the loans are helping out. It's the trickle down of the money.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
Much the same as the homeowners and the loans. If the bank told them they could afford it, then they figured it was OK. The majority of the defaulted loans, the people could afford them (meaning had enough for life necesseties and pay the mortgage). The problem was when they lost their jobs. I would bet there are very few folks that couold truly afford their first house ( I know I was just scraping by when I bought my house).

Paul, of course this example is assuming a lot of things about the majority of these foreclosures and that they were all 'victims of corporate greed'. I am willing to bet that a very large percentage of these people also had a new car/truck (or two) in the drive, flat screen tv's, and why not a ski boat/RV as well... all bought on credit. Then when the pendulum swung the other way they were screwed. Simply put, people over extended themselves and they were not prepared... I know of a couple 'victims' myself...

I remember hearing an alarming statistic about 2 years ago about Americans in general were in the negative as far as savings, meaning they were buying more than they were making (credit). that was a wake up call for me... now I "feed the pig" ; my pig that is

I guess one big diff. that I see concerning left or right is that the left assumes that people are victims and the right thinks people should be accountable... I like accountability these days...

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I would agree with that. I don't think they are victims per se. The problem with just letting them lose everything and be totally accountable, again, is the collateral damage. Let them keep their houses with the interest rate they had prior to this mess. Alot of the forclosures are from the ARM's resetting and house payments going up $300 a month. I'm not saying we should let them live in the houses for free or pay their mortgages for them. I could see letting them pay interest only or some such thing until such time as things get better. Keep them in their houses, paying property taxes, keep them employed (corporate money) paying income tax and social security. No where have I advocated a free ride. Even the corporate money, I think, needs to be paid back or some sort of company bonds sold. Everyone should be accountable, the SHOULD NOT be left homeless and penniless. All that does is drain the economy and society more.

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Pretty interesting when you see world Oil consumption. We keep getting told that we export all of our oil, and that China has a voracious appetite for oil, which makes our price go up. Those charts sure dont confirm that. Hmmmmm.. Is it supply and demand, or just plain old greed? You dont even want to look at the external debt and current bank account values.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
very interesting...

Aaron, I don't know where you heard we export oil but from my side... I know the vast majority pumped here gets used here as the site indicates. The reason we're told the things about china is that they are now competing for "our oil" on the open market (rapid growth) and have the money to pay for it... its a lot of propaganda for sure...

I am eager to thumb around these sites. Thanks KW... sure hope I don't make that right wing terror watch list for it... you guys got my back right :0

See you tomorrow!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MX516,

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Alex
posted Hide Post
That is a cool website Ken,thanks. Peak oil and the "Texas" politicians is an interesting topic.I will throw my 2 cents in on that when I have some time off. In one of those work zones right now.
Cheers !

Posts: 159 | Location: Sammamish | Registered: Mon January 22 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aaron. The only steak Ken wants goes with a Toasted jalopinos onions and some other crap I should have memorized cause I read it so much friggin sandwich. Razz

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
...I am eager to thumb around these sites. Thanks KW... sure hope I don't make that right wing terror watch list for it... you guys got my back right :0
Well maybe (grins). But you gotta love that whole Freedon of Information Act thing don't ya. Me I loved it best about mid 1990's something when I spent $100 for a computer program called VistaPro. VistaPro converted Digital-Elevation-Maps (DEM) into 3D terrain on a computer screen and NASA was big into DEM's - and with VistaPro...me too!

Always knew I'd never be an Astronaut but at least with VistaPro and a little help from our buds (US Gov) I at least got to scoot around Mars and the big rift - Valles Marinaris.

I like to ride, always have and dang if I didn't put a MX track (virtual) out in the middle of that rift. Out there so I could race and have fun (BakersVille3 - Explained) during my retirement years. If you go there then you should know ... yer on Mars. Don't know about you but for me it was awesome.

Of course all that virtual stuff was ruined when I started riding again, abouts 2003 (tens year layoff), leaving me with only unfilled dreams and desires of riding better, smoother, faster than before ... and of course clearing Burnt Ridges wimpy finish line 50' triple (15 years past 'ole-timer') mounted atop a most magnificent Crower powered red wonder machine sport'n nothing more than a bellyful of Subways best "Toasted Jalapeno, Onion and Olive Steak & Cheese topped with Chipotle sauce sandwich" and a handful of throttle and dreams.

Could happen. Old people are people too!

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Hey Ken, something just occured to me. Just think about this.

I would be willing to bet that you wouldn't have needed a crower cam, or even the EVO magic on the red wonder machine, if you would have just eased off of the Chipotle sammiches.

Of course I guess you could have just kept eating, and invested in the DLC special with motorcycles equivalent of the hemi down below.

As they say in the closing of the Tone Show,

"Let the good times roll....."

Wink

Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
Na after riding a Kawi he KNEw he needed it

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alex:
No,I think that only the Bush library in Texas will say that George W. was a good president. It will be a very small library,maybe a few westerns and thats about it.
--------------------------------->
you think? me know Bush was great President!

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post