New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shipping a bike from Texas
 Login/Join

Picture of motox247
posted
Does anybody have any suggestions, good or bad, on shipping companies? Also, how bad is it for the forks to be ratcheted down for 3-5 days? Anything we can do to prevent damage?

And I guess while I'm on the topic, anybody making a trip or needing a ride to Dallas area or back in the next week or so? I can supply gas money and drivers Wink

two4seven (or his mom)

Posts: 196 | Location: Ferndale, WA | Registered: Fri August 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auzzi152
posted Hide Post
maybe have the shipper use one of those fork trees so the bind on the forks isn't so bad...

Posts: 435 | Location: your moms house | Registered: Wed December 03 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I read in some MX magazine that they could stay compressed for ever, it has no effect.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Auzzi152:
maybe have the shipper use one of those fork trees so the bind on the forks isn't so bad...
funny i used to have one about 6 years ago

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motox247
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Aaron. I'll go with that Wink

two4seven (or his mom)

Posts: 196 | Location: Ferndale, WA | Registered: Fri August 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gimp Industries
posted Hide Post
If you contact the shipper they can drop the bike off at any Fastenal(yes the nut/bolt company) and they will put it on a truck and drop it off at any fastenal store of your choice. Needs to be on a palette though. I did this with my bike. $300

Posts: 47 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: Thu April 28 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motox247
posted Hide Post
Wow, thanks, Gimp. I will check into that. Found a door-to-door for about $500 and they say they will have it here in 3 days... Doubt we can beat that, but I will check Fastenal.

two4seven (or his mom)