New
Find
Notify
Tools

AMA Nationals pro purse
 Login/Join

Picture of rpk
posted
Why is it so low?? hell i think the atva nationals are the same payout!

link

Posts: 119 | Location: b-town | Registered: Sun May 18 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the age old question.
In 1977 the Trans AM at Puyallup had a ticket price of $7.00 and the purse was $22,090 and they had almost no sponsors back then. Today the ticket price is what, $30. That's a 330% increase and today the nationals have a huge list of sponsors that pay big $. Todays national purse is up about 300 % from the 77 Trans AM.
I tried to find out what the 2009 payout was but MX Sports doesn't have it on their web site. The guy I spoke to at MX sport didn't know what it was. He said he thinks it's the same as last year. Anyone now wondering why many riders at the top level are not racing the nationals?

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Not bad if you are on a Kawi. You will get $125 bucks from Kawi for 40th OA plus $440 from the AMA for 40th OA, give you $565 for the day. You will at least get something back for qualifying. I sure wouldn't be riding a Honda or KTM though...

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
42 place at a NASCAR event is right around $60,000. If you only race one AMA National and get a finish in the lower 50% you loose money because the license and sign up fee is more than you got paid. Kind of sad.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Entry fee is $200. 31-40th they get $440, If they are riding a Yamy, Suzuk, KTM, or Honda they will get their entry back, plus a little. Just enought to maybe offset (Hotel, Gas and misc). But your right Ted, they sure the heck are not "making" a living racing the AMA Nationals...huge bummer!

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodad642
posted Hide Post
It is very sad! Some of our fastest local pros cant even qualify for the mains (no offence)Im just saying these guys are top notch athletes with skills that would make most athletes pale in comparison. Look at baseball, multi millions for a average player. And baseball games get about the same attendance on average, Aprox 35,000 to 40,000 people but they do have to play over 100 games to pay for their huge salaries.

Posts: 276 | Location: Sumner Wa | Registered: Tue February 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodad642
posted Hide Post
You know i was crunching a few numbers, I know there is more, this is just 2 revenues
200 pros @ 200 for sign up = 40,000
30,000 spectators @ 30.00 = 900,000
How about vendors, what do they pay a day?
I know that there is cost for personal and track lease. I might be stong on sign up, but I know the amount of sign up depends on location.
Any imput?

Posts: 276 | Location: Sumner Wa | Registered: Tue February 24 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They aren't getting 30,000 spectators. I would guess the average is 20,000.

A license for the outdoor Nationals is $275.00.

I tried the AMA and MX Sport web site and couldn't find the entry fee or the Payout.

Venders pay a fee of around $1,500 but can be different depending on the track. That doesn't amount to much but they have series sponsors, event day sponsors and such that amount to a great deal of money. This money doesn't get to the riders.

Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
yeah but 20000 at 45.00 a ticket is still 900,000 if you can find me a $30 ticket let me know

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Here ya go Brian, they are $35

https://t5.clicknprint.com/tix...dex.html?siteID=2228

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out the mxa website under the feature section tittled mxperts, you might find it interesting on outdoor payouts.

Posts: 126 | Location: cle elum | Registered: Wed December 21 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post