Tools

NATHAN WOODS JUST PASSED AWAY
 Login/Join

Picture of Kimball #126
posted
Nathan Woods: WORCS Off-Road Champion Woods Suffers Fatal Crash
By Nathaniel Uy (Featured Columnist) on January 29, 2011 1,718

Nathan Woods: WORCS Off-Road Champion Woods Suffers Fatal Crash

Nathan Woods, the all-time leader in wins for WORCS and two-time champion crashed during practice at Honolulu Hills Raceway in Taft, California and died shortly after being airlifted to a nearby hospital.

Woods crashed after going over a step-up jump in the middle of the course, according to the Taft Midway Driller.

“Today off-road Racing lost one of the greatest off-road Champions ever to throw a leg over a Dirtbike.

"Nathan Woods, while practicing for the tomorrows WORCS race, passed. He will be missed, Our Thoughts and Prayers are with Mrs Woods his Two sons Little Nate and Braxton and the entire Woods Family.God Speed #54.”

Woods, 32, was reportedly preparing for the World Off-Road Championship Series beginning this weekend.

Posts: 1187 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kimballer.

Nathan was an awesome dude. I knew him since he started doing the 4 stroke nationals back in the day. One of the toughest guys I ever rode with. He loved riding and just being in a battle on the track. Nathan won more Worcs races than anyone before or after his 2 championships. Just a solid rider.

When we lose a riding brother it seems to hurt more than we can deal with sometimes. Why? How? What for? These are just some of the questions we ask. Woody was the father of Braxton and little Nate and was married to Amanda. I pray for them.

Rest in Peace Nathan...I will miss ya.

Lance Smail

Posts: 157 | Location: kent, wa, usa | Registered: Tue January 13 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post