New
Find
Notify
Tools

air filter glue
 Login/Join

Picture of moderbike x
posted
Hey has anyone tried to glue a filter back together mine is at the seams.the filter is perfect otherwise i have grip glue and tire patch glue. any ideas? its for my 04 CR 125 and the stock filter lets dirt in and its new!so i cant use it. any other advise on this bike would be nice.i have been away from 125s for some time but its fun

Posts: 215 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Sat December 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
ive used Grollilla glue to patch em up . Works good for awhile. Eventually you just got to toss em.

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moderbike x
posted Hide Post
thanks! i will look into getting some i have used that before for other stuff

Posts: 215 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Sat December 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Its a freakin air filter! Throw it away and get a new one! For the price of the damage it can do, its priceless.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
Honda super grey

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I'm with Eric, I've had several come apart. I just toss them. $30 dollar filter vs hundreds of dollars of damage if the glue fails.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
haha.... good point since you guys put it that way..I never used mine after just keeped them for backup in case i got too far behind on filter cleaning and needed one.I have 6 filters thou for 2 bikes,so that dont happen much. I think i gave the last 2 away with my 07' i just sold.

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moderbike x
posted Hide Post
i did buy a new filter! its just hard to throw one thats new otherwise! i have heard that the notoil cleaner or oxy clean will kill some glues on the filters! and thats when it happened after a clean

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
If you used Notoil on a non Notoil filter and it ate up the glue, send Notoil an E-mail and they will send you a free replacement, even if it wasn't a Notoil filter.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Once they split it means it's time to replace it I tend to toss'em every year or so.

Not an area I get cheap with on my bike bout a month ago friends filter failed at cadillac ranch and sucked dirt new bottom end n top end was needed good thing it was just a yz 250 and not some damn 4 $$$troke.

Posts: 552 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Sat December 06 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moderbike x
posted Hide Post
thanks paul i will try that! like i said the filter was in good shape

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
You can use the green Notoil for Uni, twinair and like but the red Notoil may eat the glue. The red is for Notoil filters only. I think its the alcohol. Notoil has a very good customer service reputation.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post