New
Find
Notify
Tools

I swear this is true
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul 061
posted
This is freaking nuts. So, I've been working on my bike changing the head gasket( no one in town had a gasket and I had to order it, which made me mad but that's another topic). Anyways, a couple of days ago I was cleaning the head and one of the tappet buckets fell out. No problem, I put it back and went about my business. Last night, I was bored and went out into the garage, something inside of me said, "that tappet bucket looks like it has a ding in it, take it out and look at it". I took the bucket out and to my horror noticed that there was not a tappet shim under it! I was ready to put this head back on the bike. After a frantic 15 minute search, I found the shim on the floor about 10 feet away and all dusty, it fell out the first time the bucket came out. I gently reinstalled the shim and bucket then freaked out. Why had I gone to the garage? Why had I taken that bucket out. This is the same voice that tells me "dude don't do that double it will be bad". Now I know why I listen Wink

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
what about the ding?

Posts: 289 | Location: lk stevens | Registered: Mon November 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what happened. It's like some little pits in about a 1/2" inch circle. I buffed them smooth and checked the cam lobe but everything looks fine Confused

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That little voice inside of us is funny. A little over 3 years ago it told me not to jump the protaper table at Horn, I had been doing it all weekend, why not this time? I should have listened, over shot the landing and broke my Tibia and shattered my Fibula in to 3 pieces, damn I hate that little voice, but I sure have listened from then on.

Posts: 475 | Location: Snohomish, WA | Registered: Thu November 20 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
devine intervention... Confused

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post