Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HRMC 37% PRICE INCREASE
 Login/Join

posted
Attention all riders - what are your thoughts/feelings on this one?!

Posts: 49 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Fri February 02 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jb329
posted Hide Post
that sucks i was planning on riding there a lot when i move back over to ellensburg this month. with the price of gas looks like i'll have to stick to Toes since it is only $8 more and 35 min from ellensburg whereas hrmc is a lot further

Posts: 303 | Location: Ellensburg | Registered: Wed October 10 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
The new operators usually do a pretty good job keeping it up over there. Better than the city did. This is kinda of there off season for us coastys heading over there but I bet they will pick it up this fall, winter, and spring... at least i hope so...

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
really in all fairness toes, horn etc are good tracks in the winter. i dont think you can expect them to be good in summer. spokane on the otherhand seems good year round except the new layout is really boring now

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes you are correct in that Fuel has gone up along with everything else because of fuel costs. Do you COCKRUM think that fuel costs at HRMC are not doubled from last year the same as yours have doubled???

What are you getting for $22.00? A hell of a lot more than you got when it was free.

Those of you that don't own a business need to try it some time. You would see it's much less rosey than a worker that just has to cash his paycheck.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
gas should come down with the republicans on there way out!

Posts: 21 | Location: sela , wa us | Registered: Tue November 18 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lvm:

You are an idiot. Actually the price of gas has risen since the democrates took control of congress and the senate.

And Horn is not that much better than when the city had it. They still cant figure out how to groom the lips on the jumps.

Posts: 47 | Location: Tri Cities | Registered: Thu March 29 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HRMC is worth every penny. 22 bucks to ride is still cheaper than any track here on the westside.

Posts: 67 | Location: bonney lake | Registered: Wed December 31 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Actually Jacob, you may be the idiot here.

Gas costs you more because the value of your dollar is about half what it was in years past. Gas costs twice as much when the money you are buying it with has a diminished value.

I was listening to an energy market analyst speak last month, and he stated that the trend would start to ebb, that energy prices would start to recede and eventually settle at a national average around 2.65 for gas, a little higher for diesel.

As you have probably already seen, prices are just now starting to fall. Of course, that must be because guys like Doc Hastings and Dino Rossi are coming to save the day right? (for those of you who dont follow politics like Ted, Paul and Myself, those guys are Republicanes.)

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of NaPalm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jacob293:
quote:
Originally posted by lvm:

You are an idiot. Actually the price of gas has risen since the democrates took control of congress and the senate.

And Horn is not that much better than when the city had it. They still cant figure out how to groom the lips on the jumps.

Is the jump lip problem just a side effect of a sand track? They seem to always get bad toward the end of the day and I always just thought that was a sand thing.

Posts: 1055 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Wed May 05 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[

As you have probably already seen, prices are just now starting to fall. Of course, that must be because guys like Doc Hastings and Dino Rossi are coming to save the day right? (for those of you who dont follow politics like Ted, Paul and Myself, those guys are Republicanes.)[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt that the republicans up for election are behind the falling price of fuel. In reality like you said its because of the dollar and not because of the Dems or the Reps or Bush. Although drilling in AWNR or off the coasts couldn't help but lower the cost. Lets drill now. Well be dead before we have to deal with potential problems.

as for the jumps at horn, I could care less if they were rutted out or had a bunch of kickers on them, but I cannot stand how they just keep grooming up the faces untill they are peaked worse than a supercross jump.

Posts: 47 | Location: Tri Cities | Registered: Thu March 29 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
obviously the jump faces are peaked out because the republicans dont control the congress and and the senate

Posts: 220 | Location: ellensburg wa | Registered: Tue May 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
I think the jumps are peaked out because we have a female with "peaks" running congress. If Dino can actually pull out a win this year after 3 recounts (maybe we will even go to a 4th this year??) I am sure the jumps will have less peaks but the jumps will require more balls to clear.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Peaks huh, what? Not exactly sure what peaks are being discussed here but if Ted keeps putting those pre-landing humps on the end of tables I'll know exactly what yer talk'n about. Ted dude ... do the math. Those things aint werk'n.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
They will 2 jobless people to groom the jumps at horn in 09 Cris G will handle the rake and Duurok nomama will point to were and how of course they will wear hard hats

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motodrew295
posted Hide Post
Horn is the best its ever been. You used to not even think about riding it in the summer. Its perfect on the weekends, and still really good on the weekdays. Most of the jump faces are way tamed down and rolled at the tops. Its almost too good, I get used to riding a freeway then have to deal with rough tracks at races. I sure see what these guys mean when they say they wish they even had a track to pay $22.00 when i'm up at school with nowhere to ride.

Keep up the good work HRMC staff!

Posts: 525 | Location: kennewick,WA | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
For those of you who don't Speak Verneese, a translation.

"There will be two jobless people to groom the jumps at Horn Rapids in 2009. Chris Gregoire will handle the rake and Barack Obama will be supervising her. Rest assured that they will have their personal protective equipment also."

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motodrew295:
Horn is the best its ever been. You used to not even think about riding it in the summer. Its perfect on the weekends, and still really good on the weekdays. Most of the jump faces are way tamed down and rolled at the tops. Its almost too good, I get used to riding a freeway then have to deal with rough tracks at races. I sure see what these guys mean when they say they wish they even had a track to pay $22.00 when i'm up at school with nowhere to ride.

Keep up the good work HRMC staff!

Im sorry for trying to make a joke, I too think horn is the best its been. yeh blowing the dust off my wallet to ride sucks, but ive never been to a free track antwhere that is any good

Posts: 220 | Location: ellensburg wa | Registered: Tue May 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And Horn is not that much better than when the city had it. They still cant figure out how to groom the lips on the jumps.[/QUOTE]

Is the jump lip problem just a side effect of a sand track? They seem to always get bad toward the end of the day and I always just thought that was a sand thing.[/QUOTE]

To myself and a bunch of people who I have talked to the jump faces are, for the most part, rounded- in otherwords the transitions leave a lot to be desired. You g-out on the faces when you hit the faces with any speed, it takes some getting used to but it's a killer track and there are always flaggers on the weekends and it's completely groomed. I personally think people are nuts for questioning the prices of the track. They, HRMC, were the ones who stepped up and took the venture on and I appreciate every lap of it.

Posts: 40 | Location: yourname_NO_SPAM@aol.com | Registered: Fri November 14 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Woolley_241
posted Hide Post
Horns good and all I see that really needs to be done is fix the initial hit of the triple. Its a G out everytime. Other than that the kid who waters works his ass off and does a good job at it. Kudos to him. I always have fun out there. I live 10 mins from Airway now and wish I was still 20 mins from Horn.

And Josh. Turn off the caps lock. You dont even ride anymore, so why are you complaining.

Posts: 33 | Location: EWU | Registered: Mon March 07 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post