Notify
Tools

Gas prices and Racing...
 Login/Join

Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spin05:
i spent $279 in fuel to horn and back last weekend in my motorhome.......

Ding ding ding...we have a winner!

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
quote:
Originally posted by spin05:
i spent $279 in fuel to horn and back last weekend in my motorhome.......

Ding ding ding...we have a winner!

No kidding! Holy Crap! That is going to be my monthly budget for racing...

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wilcox
posted Hide Post
the other idea is by a hybrid and take my bike apart and put in it the trunk ... lol .....279 spin .... holy crap ....i dont feel bad in my old E van then ....whats is your mtrhome ??? gas powered chev????

if it is gas powered then a gibson exhaust can help the mileage quite a bit ....there all corked up stock and run real high combustion temps and thats what kills the engines in the gasser mtrhomes ...

Posts: 331 | Location: lynnwood | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
Simple guys... downsize... buy a ranger... I whine about $100 to go racing...

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
460 ford.....that was total cost.Including what i got left in there.Wich probly 60.00 or so.All in all a good $220.00 anyway.it get maybe 8mpg

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanP
posted Hide Post
Wish I could downsize...when you AND your kids race...a Ranger just won't cut it. I'm not complaining...beats going to soccer tournaments on the weekend.

Simple fact of life for us this year with the high prices...less racing, more practicing. Hope the kids like the sand whoops at 7-mile ORV in Spokane. $10 in diesel and no fees!!!

Posts: 273 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed February 01 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I'm right there too, three bikes everywhere I go.

No Ranger for me. Of course, I'm not really sure why we get so worked up on $3.80 a gallon when were paying sometimes up to $40 bucks to ride a day per person. $129 bucks for a set of tires, $400 for a neck brace, or $500 for a new Shoei (read Big C's head jacker cracker!)

I guess I'm kind of with Mull on this one, when a guy buys a $40,000 truck, I don't expect the difference between $3.30 fuel and $3.80 fuel to make much difference. If that $.50 is going to make or break you, then you probably didn't have any business spending all that money on the truck, let along dive into one of the most expensive sport out there.

Just my $.02.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
I went Hemi Gas 5.7 Crew-Cab ever since trama.

Dodge, That-Thing-Got-A-Hemi advertisment..

Calendar year 1980. Dodge 426 Hemi Cuda pulls up alongside most favored 1965 Pontiac GTO. Cuda smokes GTO in Street match. Girl-Friend in GTO passenger seat not impressed.

I've been Traumatized ever since.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
well that trip that cost Justin $100.00 cost me 38.50 or 3/8th of a tank to mattawa. 2003 dodge cummins 24mpg. at 72mph chipped with intake mods.

maybe the clown possie will rethink pulling oil leases and rescind drilling bans.
Na that would be smart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...zATg&feature=related

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
Move over weight watchers, there is a new diet in town it's called: I can't feed my family cause I just filled my gas tank .

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vern#119:
well that trip that cost Justin $100.00 cost me 38.50 or 3/8th of a tank to mattawa. 2003 dodge cummins 24mpg. at 72mph chipped with intake mods.

maybe the clown possie will rethink pulling oil leases and rescind drilling bans.
Na that would be smart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...zATg&feature=related

Vern will you chauffer me. I will pay well ;-)

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Workman #21:
I went Hemi Gas 5.7 Crew-Cab ever since trama.

Dodge, That-Thing-Got-A-Hemi advertisment..

Calendar year 1980. Dodge 426 Hemi Cuda pulls up alongside most favored 1965 Pontiac GTO. Cuda smokes GTO in Street match. Girl-Friend in GTO passenger seat not impressed.

I've been Traumatized ever since.

Me too Ken. I love my 5.7 Hemi. 21 MPG on the freeway at 65 mph with two bikes in the back all our gear and tools. 345 hp when I step on it hard to boot! I'm at 130,000 miles and not one issue. Lovin it!

Posts: 295 | Location: Sultan Wa | Registered: Wed November 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motokids
posted Hide Post
How are you getting 21 mpg on the highway in the Hemi? My 04' 2500 5.7 Hemi only gets about 14-15 highway. I thought there was something wrong with it until I searched all over the net and found that everyone else out there with the same truck is seeing same results. The really crappy thing is 90% of my driving is in town at 9.5-10 mpg (opened exhaust and K&N filter). What is your secret man?

Posts: 337 | Location: Home | Registered: Mon August 16 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
Two wheel drive

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motokids
posted Hide Post
I see, wonder if mine could get closer to that with after market locking hubs? If I could get close to free wheeling the front end, it should add a few MPGs?

Posts: 337 | Location: Home | Registered: Mon August 16 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Yes, that would. I just had a buddy do it to his F250...he gets about 5mpg better economy now.

We just went up 17 cents in 2 days in Montana....nuts.

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Coefficient-Of-Drag

5.7 Hemi in 2004 Truck gets great mileage under certain conditions, which don’t include pulling a 24’ Toy Hauler up Vantage Hill at 70mph turning 5k RPM.

It’s all about FRONTAL AREA and Drag. Tuck in behind traffic and MPG goes way up. I hit 22MPG once on a stretch between Centralia and Chehalis WA. 5x Speed Automatic, 1,900RPM at 70MPH.

Coefficient-Of-Drag. V^2*Area

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I got 20.4 coming home from Toes this weekend with three bikes. 6.7l and a six speed manual, no tucking in behind anything though. Really not too bad for an 8000lb truck.

Can pull the toy hauler up Vantage at 70, 1850 rpm though. Fuel consumption goes down to about 11 though.

At 4.29 a gallon for diesel though, 30mpg would be even better.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Airway is only 10 minutes from my house so we will be staying local as much as possible. We stayed home last weekend to save money instead of going to HRMC.

Posts: 195 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: Tue February 28 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by motokids:
How are you getting 21 mpg on the highway in the Hemi? My 04' 2500 5.7 Hemi only gets about 14-15 highway. I thought there was something wrong with it until I searched all over the net and found that everyone else out there with the same truck is seeing same results. The really crappy thing is 90% of my driving is in town at 9.5-10 mpg (opened exhaust and K&N filter). What is your secret man?

You dont have the MDS. My truck runs on 4 cylinders on the freeway. Just step on the gas and the other four kick in. I also stick to 65 MPH on the freeway on cruise control.

Posts: 295 | Location: Sultan Wa | Registered: Wed November 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post