Tools

Gas prices and Racing...
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vern#119:
Two wheel drive

If your reffering to mine Vern no its 4wd

Posts: 295 | Location: Sultan Wa | Registered: Wed November 12 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Gas is $3.39 here in San Antonio

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Justin Anderson
posted Hide Post
LOL, guys the ranger comment was a joke....

I manage about 20mpg in my 05 ranger UN-loaded... Probably about 15 with the bike, tools and a passenger... And thats out of a base model 5-speed... And good luck towing anything... Cant Kill um though..

Actually looking for a 90'ish F350 crewcab diesel 4x4 5-speed... might actually manage to get the same mileage while Im towing and have all the truck Ill ever want...

Vern, you know I know all about the Cummins'... told u about my friends 05 6-speed 4x4 that manages 26mpgs down the hwy... Pretty damn good for a big ass 3/4-1 ton truck... The EPA needs to pull its head out of its ass... Diesels have always been cleaner than gas engines short of NOx emissions, the particulate matter they are sooooooo worried about ends up on the ground at a fraction of the level of other "pollutants" that come off of vehicles un-regulated...Now they are regulated to dumping RAW fuel into the exhaust to burn the particulate in the particulate filter... If that isnt the most backward way of thinking, I dont know what is... thats why current TD's are getting staggering mileage ratings such as 12mpg... You want 100mpg vehicles? Turbo-diesels are where its at, but dont hinder them with government...

On another note, I did get behind the wheel of an eco-boost F150 the other day... Pretty wicked power for 22mpgs...

Posts: 403 | Location: Auburn, WA | Registered: Sat December 30 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Don't forget about dumping the exhaust return gasses (and soot) into it's own oil.....

But hey, atleast they don't sound, smell, and feel like a diesel...(said in jest)

I miss my smoke belching, freigh train whistling 01!

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I think you may get better MPG with a diesel but the cost is higher and I wonder if the extra maintenance costs of filters and oil changes negate those MPG savings? The power is impressive though Big Grin

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Yeah Paul, if anyone tells you they are more economical, ask them if they have a million miles on their truck. That's about when you realize the savings.

It is nice though towing a 30 foot travel trailer up the pass at any speed you like though.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post