Find
Notify
Tools

Gas prices and Racing...
 Login/Join

Picture of Vetmx808
posted
Here we go again with the gas prices.

Hope everyone is saving there pennies for racing this year...looks like the 2-hour rule will be in place at my house again for 2011...

Gasoline prices averaged $3.19 last week a gallon, up 57 cents from a year ago. (Economists estimate that every additional $1 rise in the price of oil adds about 2.5 cents to the price of gasoline.)

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
It cost me $160 for fuel to go to Horn and back. I don't have many of those in me.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
I thought $60 round trip was bad....need to get me a Geo with a bike rack!

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanP
posted Hide Post
It will effect our schedule...that is for sure. Diesel is up to $3.69 here in Spokane as of lunch time...

Travel expenses are the main reason we have decided not to do the PRO series...if I spend money on 3 pulls to the Portland/Washougal/Albany area, I won't have any moolah left to do any other races...

Posts: 273 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Wed February 01 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Ours just rose to $3.44 a gallon....up 10 cents from yesterday.

Thankfully I have a box van that gets 21mpg...the family can lay a mattress down and relax and play video games in it.

Just means, not bringing the camper. Frown

If this continues, I wouldn't be surprised to see $5.00 a gallon pretty easy by summers peak...sucks...

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I think I paid $3.79 a gallon for diesel the other day. I don't care, it's not going to affect my limited attempts at fun, (vacation or riding!)

I am going to come out of semi retirement and race the OT race at Airway. Of course I can always have Mull haul my bike over there for me in his palace on wheels. Then I can just show up in the wifes car. It would be kind of like a factory rider showing up at the track and getting his bike out of the transporter. Big Grin

The bike certainly looks factory, and so does the hauler, but the rider, well that's a different story.

I had better get to practicing....

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wilcox
posted Hide Post
I know what your saying it cost me $150 in fuel to go to horn this weekend.... iam thinking about a little ranger or s10 and a tent this season LOL ....

Posts: 331 | Location: lynnwood | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post

Nissan Altima hauling a 2012 Honda CRF. Now I know why Mull keeps bragging about buying a 12!

Check out that rear sprocket. They gotta do that so they can even stay on the same straight as the KAWY. A little low on weight, but with the power to match.... Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Aaron,

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Mull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
I think I paid $3.79 a gallon for diesel the other day. I don't care, it's not going to affect my limited attempts at fun, (vacation or riding!)

I am going to come out of semi retirement and race the OT race at Airway. Of course I can always have Mull haul my bike over there for me in his palace on wheels. Then I can just show up in the wifes car. It would be kind of like a factory rider showing up at the track and getting his bike out of the transporter. Big Grin

The bike certainly looks factory, and so does the hauler, but the rider, well that's a different story.

I had better get to practicing....

Well as always your bike is always welcome in my rig...my bike needs one to poke fun at Razz
You know how they always tease the chubby kids, well Honda teasing the Kawi.

And on that note, my mileage will plummet with that extra weight of the green machine back there!!

Nonetheless, it'll be good times for all out at the track! We'll have to document the 392 back in racing action.

Back to topic....diesel (fuel) prices are what they are. Sure it's going to cost an extra $20 or more to go, but hey it's all worth it in my opinion. Such a great way to meet great people.

Posts: 271 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 28 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
This time just keep the skinny little nobby one's foot pegs away from my precious swingarm. Wink

Who loaded it that way anyway???

Picture of MX516
posted Hide Post
$100 oil and rising, mid east tensions are high...it's not gonna be cheap. Do I hear a not so distant "drill baby drill chant"... LOL

Good thing I moved where the riding seasons only 2 months long... Plenty of time to save! Confused

Posts: 571 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: Sun May 11 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
I am left wondering why we have rising gas prices? Wasn't it the U.S.A. that put out those Kuwait oil well fires back in the day???????? Shouldn't they be sending some of that LOVE our way?? Oh I forgot the U.S.A. helps but never receives.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
I'm buying all my farm fuel (off-road diesel) next month for this years hay season. Diesel prices are crazy. 50 cents more than gas. I remember buying my first diesel pickup in 1985 (Ford 6.9) and diesel was around 65 cents gal and way cheaper than gas.

Posts: 188 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Sat December 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
That's what I really don't understand...crude, raw gas like diesel is the cheapest to make, but the most expensive???

I am sure it has something to do with supply and demand, but my Reganomics is a little rusty these days.

Race promoters are really going to be hit hard this year...I see many more tracks closing because of the lack of racers showing up at the events.

Picture of Chaz822
posted Hide Post
Diesel barely has the dinosaur bones filtered out of it. And costs more than gas?! I smell French fries!

Posts: 35 | Location: Bellevue | Registered: Thu July 08 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Mull
posted Hide Post

Posts: 271 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 28 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J Mull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:

Nissan Altima hauling a 2012 Honda CRF. Now I know why Mull keeps bragging about buying a 12!

Check out that rear sprocket. They gotta do that so they can even stay on the same straight as the KAWY. A little low on weight, but with the power to match.... Big Grin

Hey! That set up, and when I say set up I mean the bike AND TRAILER still weighs less than that green Kawi of yours Big Grin

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
ha ha!

Well, that Altima probably has a better power curve than that CRF of yours.... Wink

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Gas price rising, Diesel a bit to $high wait until Wheat soars and Rice races. It aint the cost of Crude Oil - it's "Quantitative-Easing"

Quantitative Easing Explained:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUY16CkS-k

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
i spent $279 in fuel to horn and back last weekend in my motorhome.......

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post