Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Login/Join

Picture of blaze
posted
Just had a bunch of old slides converted over to a DVD...1974 on my 125 Elsinore down at Blueberry Hill in Sumner. My first "real" MX bike, well Hondas too. It had a Webco head, FMF pipe and port job. I think stock they had around 19-20 hp with this setup it was around 23 plus. I remember going back to the stock pipe though.. felt stronger. Yea, Castrol "R" was the pre-mix then.

Posts: 188 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Sat December 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Great Photo blaze!

I had 1976 250 (green stripe) that taught me what a "face-plant" was in WA's Cle-Elems Coal hills when we could ride'em.

Pretty darn good photo conversion. Love da Duck-Tape, Husky Shirt, and Tied-Down-Boots. Think I had those same gloves.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
Workman,, I think mine had a green stripe too on the tank. I think there were several colors used on the Elsinores the first few years. You-Tube has gads of fully restored ones on there. I remember I also had a 32 mm Mukuni carb too. I think the stock carb was 26 or 29mm Keihn. The FMF pipe worked better with the stock carb. What held them back according to the guy that ported mine was the ignition. They fell flat at 8000 or 9000 rpm. I don't remember if the hop-up guys had anything for them to get more revs?? I never looked into it. The flywheels were real tiny on those things and they did have a unique sound compared to other bikes when you cracked the throttle... super fast revvers. Nothing could touch one. I think Bultacos were the closes,, if you rode the Elsinore real hard they did tend to get hot and loose power.

Posts: 188 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Sat December 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
They redlined at 10,500. I had the Mik and FMF also. Along with the Dyno tune Wink by Bill roland.
After that I learned about ignition timing,port timing and did it myself.
The Elsie sucked gas. Ran out leading at Start-up twice straddline twice.
And third gear was too soft.Swing arm broke easy .
Green stripe 73 74 red 75 was,nt the hole bike red?

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blaze
posted Hide Post
Was 10,500 stock Vern? I didnt think they revved that high? A friend of mine got the 250 not too long after I got my 125 and the 250 had a great motor! those were extremely fast right off the showroom.