E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion  Hop To Forums  **PIT**TALK**    The age minimum of racing pro.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The age minimum of racing pro.
 Login/Join

Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DawnB:
There is a BIG difference between local pro and having a pro card. Very few do, I can think of may 5 or so, and the only time they are riding local is if there isn't a race somewhere and there are enough riders there to make some money....getting your $10 or $25 entry fee back is just seat time. actually quite a few do Abrigo Anstett,Urquharte. Potter, Howell, Crater,Johnson,just to name a few. 1/2 the guys on the gate at top gun have one

Any of the tracks locally don't have an age limit to ride pro that I'm aware of.

Dave is correct--winning a championship as a Jr isn't going to get you far...I don't even know for sure if it helps you get a better sponsorship because I know for FACT that finishing 3rd at Lorettas doesn't.

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paul is right. Maybe we should go to Olympia to have them write some more laws to clairify things. That will solve everything. They seem to be able to solve all other matters in this State.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
winning a championship as a Jr isn't going to get you far

What is more fun than winning a Jr. Championship? Answer: Winning an Inter. championship!

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Oh baby....Ted send that to David Pingree at RacerX. He is changing careers to be a fireman.

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Everybody's talking about going fast like it counts. There's another connect the dot thing here folks. It's called Advertising.

Going fast only gets you half way. Lots of people go fast but if you can't be presented, in full-camera-view, then what good are you?

Going fast gets one half way (my opinion) attention to style is the rest.

Just me and my opinion.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post