Find
Notify
Tools

Horn open Feb 4 and 5th
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hi,
All you guys are a hoot!!!

Thanks for all the comments. We do listen and consider alot of your ideas.

Yes, we are considering the other track and thinking of running it early spring and late fall during the mass rushes. Summer time not so much. We barely run 2 classes in the summer months on the main track.
Opening early, well we have tried that for a couple years during the summer, no one shows up early enough to justify being open. If we try this again as a test market, hope you all respond.
We are willing to give you the best facility possible why wouldn't we? We are listening. Doing, takes a little work and planning.

As far as the classes go we usually do try to keep it at 3-4 classes. It really depends on the demographics for the day. Like this Sunday we ran 2 classes. 2- 1/2 hour sessions per hour all day. We ran 145 bikes Sunday, some were so tired they left early.
We ran big bikes, little bikes.

We here you and your comments.
We cannot do them all but we can do some of them and we do take your ideas into consideration.

Don't take the attitude to not say anything, just do it in a supportive and correct manner.

What do you all think of lighting the main Mx track? so we can run 2 separate practice sessions and do some other really cool stuff in which will extend the hours and help with the hot summer days?
We are considering an extended practice in the summer months on Thursday and Fridays say from 5pm to 9pm. possibly couple times a month to start?
It does make it tough to get the track ready for Sat Practice when we extend hours into the evening before the weekends, but we can work through that... Even though some think all we do is drag a drag through the holes. LOL..
We are here to protect your riding facility and look out for the best interest of the riders. We are here for you.

Keep the suggestions coming and we will continue to keep working for you.

Thanks, HRMC

Posts: 157 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Tue December 19 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redline Racer:
Hi,

Yes, we are considering the other track and thinking of running it early spring and late fall during the mass rushes. Summer time not so much. We barely run 2 classes in the summer months on the main track.
Opening early, well we have tried that for a couple years during the summer, no one shows up early enough to justify being open. If we try this again as a test market, hope you all respond.
We are willing to give you the best facility possible why wouldn't we? We are listening. Doing, takes a little work and planning.

As far as the classes go we usually do try to keep it at 3-4 classes. It really depends on the demographics for the day. Like this Sunday we ran 2 classes. 2- 1/2 hour sessions per hour all day. We ran 145 bikes Sunday, some were so tired they left early.

We cannot do them all but we can do some of them and we do take your ideas into consideration.

Don't take the attitude to not say anything, just do it in a supportive and correct manner.

What do you all think of lighting the main Mx track? so we can run 2 separate practice sessions and do some other really cool stuff in which will extend the hours and help with the hot summer days?
We are considering an extended practice in the summer months on Thursday and Fridays say from 5pm to 9pm. possibly couple times a month to start?
It does make it tough to get the track ready for Sat Practice when we extend hours into the evening before the weekends, but we can work through that... Even though some think all we do is drag a drag through the holes. LOL..
We are here to protect your riding facility and look out for the best interest of the riders. We are here for you.

Thanks, HRMC

Hey Ray do you think ripping or tilling the track would help with some of the holes that form or the hardpacked parts? Just wondering because I've never ran or groomed a track =P

Posts: 20 | Location: kennewick | Registered: Fri February 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Feb 24-26 we are hauling a mess (literly a mess) of dudes over from Montana! It's our annual guys weekend. At $30 bucks a pop I hope its as good as a remember it from years past! We are driving 8 hours each way just to come over and ride the primo conditions we have come to expect! CANT wait to be there!!! Thanks HRMC!!!

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg726
posted Hide Post
By the sounds of things HRMC was a packed house over the weekend and the track was good? They added some "new" but "old" sections to the layout? I Checked out some of the Capture The Moment photos from the weekend, noticed the new tower, looks awesome!

Excited to see what your going to do to the track for the first race Ted! Maybe try and slow it down a bit?

Why spend more money on lights? Put that cash in the dozer and do some track changes or get the old quad track going?

Very good idea with being open later Thursday and Friday for us who work full time can still make it out to ride for a few hours. Will you still charge $30? Didn't you have a happy hour deal last year?

I decided to drive 4 hours over to Riverdale. Paid my $30 bucks, soaked in the close to 60 degree weather, pumped out a ton of laps and left with a smile on my face. They had close to 100 riders i would guess?

Hope to make it out to horn this weekend!

Posts: 135 | Location: Kennewick wa | Registered: Mon September 24 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so stinking sore today. I rode way to much doing setups for our customers while Royce was in the truck doing suspension. The last bike I did was not one of our customer. I believe it bottomed out on the face of the first table after the start. And I'm way too old to be bottom anything. Yikes!
1.5 laps on it did me in.

I would like to add a rythem section right by the start like we usually do and I was thinking about making a gnarly rough section right out of a tight corner to keep the speed down and make for some good race action. If Ray will let me I would like to change up the jump section right by the tower. It's kind of bla to me. Let me know if you have any ideas for something to to add or change that would be fun and safe.

The only part on the track that wasn't great all day was that double that developed that huge curb right at the bottom of the jump.
Other than that everything held up really good.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky818:
quote:
Hi,

Thanks, HRMC

Hey Ray do you think ripping or tilling the track would help with some of the holes that form or the hardpacked parts? Just wondering because I've never ran or groomed a track =P

I Love ripping and tilling the track, the last time we did, there was complaints.
Most can't ride in the roughness. We always rip it every weekend then we drag it that is what makes it loose.
The holes that form are from the packing of the loam and the sand underneath in spots is just that, sand. It is kinda like rubbing your worry stone. Too much of that and you either polish your stone or loose some skin off your fingers. LOL... get it. The hole issue as we add more dirt and compost is not near as inconsistent as it used to be.

Posts: 157 | Location: Spokane | Registered: Tue December 19 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh and I think possibly paving it would be the answer. thoughts.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted:
I am so stinking sore today. I rode way to much doing setups for our customers while Royce was in the truck doing suspension. The last bike I did was not one of our customer. I believe it bottomed out on the face of the first table after the start. And I'm way too old to be bottom anything. Yikes!

I would like to add a rythem section right by the start like we usually do and I was thinking about making a gnarly rough section right out of a tight corner to keep the speed down and make for some good race action. If Ray will let me I would like to change up the jump section right by the tower. It's kind of bla to me. Let me know if you have any ideas for something to to add or change that would be fun and safe.

The only part on the track that wasn't great all day was that double that developed that huge curb right at the bottom of the jump.
Ted really,,, you were sore from the drive over.I'm just sayin... that what you told me...

Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Hi,

Thanks, HRMC

yeah i agree there were some big ass holes right before some jumps that make it kind of sketchy. i can deal with the braking bumps and stuff but kickers and those holes suck. i like the track though

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted:

was that the second one after the pro taper, that one was bad. ted do us a favor dont peak all the jumps up. they were perfect

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hi,

Thanks, HRMC

I Love ripping and tilling the track, the last time we did, there was complaints.
Most can't ride in the roughness. We always rip it every weekend then we drag it that is what makes it loose.
The holes that form are from the packing of the loam and the sand underneath in spots is just that, sand. It is kinda like rubbing your worry stone. Too much of that and you either polish your stone or loose some skin off your fingers. LOL... get it. The hole issue as we add more dirt and compost is not near as inconsistent as it used to be.

Saturday was the best I've seen it, and in spite of being crowded, we had an awesome time! We've been coming all winter, 245 miles one way and here I sit on Monday evening jonesing to get back

Great to see all the folks I love to see from the races too, you know being a professional practicer, I don't get to see a lot of those guys enough.

Ted was even offering me a democrat discount on my suspension. What a great day....where the heck was Kimballer!?!

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of moderbike x
posted Hide Post
Hey was also there sat. I thought it was good for that many people riding i have never seen that many bikes at that track! To bad i rode like a sissy( side note i thought the white flag guys did a excellent job

Posts: 215 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Sat December 18 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
Rip it deep enough to break up your hard pack, square edged chop. It will make a rough but not hard packed square edged chop.

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by E.W. #849:
Rip it deep enough to break up your hard pack, square edged chop. It will make a rough but not hard packed square edged chop.

Eric that's what I was thinking. Would much rather have larger roller rough that small square edge chop.

Posts: 20 | Location: kennewick | Registered: Fri February 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
Till it deep and back drag it...breaks up any big chunks and smooths out the big dips caused by tilling. Then water the piss out of it so we get some nice ruts! Smile

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We will try this again.
I will have it tilled deep for this weekend. Lets see how ya do.
Check with Ted and Royce on the suspension adjustments you gonna need some suspension.
Those that thought you had good suspension well we can change that for ya. LOL.
See ya all this weekend!!!!
Thanks for all the great comments and support.
Gates open @ 8:30am SAT and SUN practice starts @ 10am-4pm.

posted Hide Post
quote:

In your previous post you were saying how expensive it would be to open a second track, but then talking about lighting the main track? How much do you think that would cost just to get lights in with excavating, lights themselves, posts, concrete to hold the post up, wires, etc not to mention the electricity bill every month? I think that would be a really cool thing but look at the low turnouts that the supercross night practice gets compared to the day. I'm think that time and money could be used more wisely if it we applied to a "vet" track breaking up that masses you guys receive on the main track at once, which in turn could mean more seat time.
Just want to voice my opinion and really do appreciate that your hear to listen to comments and concerns.

Posts: 38 | Location: Walla Walla | Registered: Wed November 01 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ted you left after one session Sunday!!! Was the track not glossy
enough :P

I realized I had a cold, I'm sick as....today

Does anybody know where the official exit of the track is? I was going out to the west end of the starting gate dang near got run over by guys entering the track doing starts..sketchy

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Redline Racer:
TRA the exit is on the opposite side of the Entry on start gate marked exit.... LOL!!! You were going down a one way street...
Love ya man!!! Get over that cold and we will see you next weekend.
Oh by the way can we have your autograph?Where you get those skills on the track? you were stylin...
HRMC[/QUOTE

Thanks Ray I work real hard on my crossup style skills. The track held up real good Saturday for the rare large amount of riders we had. Only a few sections got square edged and only two jumps got kickered. If you till the track it will be a lot worse more like the old days like beach sand. Over many years they have brought all that material in and the track holds up well. Sunday the track was even better i got there late and didnt really see much chop. Why make the track rough and rutted whats the point its perfect smooth now, jumps are nice. Maybe if your big pro that runs 30 minute AMA motos you might want rough rutted mess but i didnt see any there this weekend it was almost 100% ametures that get tired in 5 laps. If you make it rough guys racing will just try pin it fast and more likely crash hard. Leave it fast and smooth and enjoy! If you till it deep all that good imported fill will go away and the track will loose its base. **Its not the type of soil that you till**
As for the exit Ray yes that one time I was going down one way but thats not much different going to the exit on the west end of the start gate like i posted.. 1- You have to exit off the track in highspeed double section 2- When you exit you have to pull into guys doing holeshots and or coming onto the entrance full throttle 3- If you want to just pull off track and stage for a second to make sure its clear to get to the exit without getting mowed over you have about a 10x10 area to state inn. The exit setup is sketchy at best. I think it should be before the tunnel jump to the left at that gate and no that does not danger the spectators its before the tunnel jump.

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Ray lets me and can find a spot where we won't hit a pipe, I would like to rip right out of a corner to keep the speed down and let it get nice and rough. Then we can pave the last half of the straight to give the 50+ riders a rest.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg726
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you till the track it will be a lot worse more like the old days like beach sand. Over many years they have brought all that material in and the track holds up well. Sunday the track was even better i got there late and didn't really see much chop. Why make the track rough and rutted whats the point its perfect smooth now, jumps are nice. Maybe if your big pro that runs 30 minute AMA motos you might want rough rutted mess but i didn't see any there this weekend it was almost 100% ametures that get tired in 5 laps. If you make it rough guys racing will just try pin it fast and more likely crash hard. Leave it fast and smooth and enjoy! If you till it deep all that good imported fill will go away and the track will loose its base. **Its not the type of soil that you till**

Maybe the two track idea is a good one? VET TRACK, THAT IS HARD PACK WITH SAFE JUMPS.
Main track, that gets tilled/rough/bigger jumps that not ever 85 rider does.

Going to try and make it out on Sunday. Hope the weather is nice.

Posts: 135 | Location: Kennewick wa | Registered: Mon September 24 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post