New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oakwood
 Login/Join

Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
ken just wear a flannel shirt an black out a few of your front teeth with a marker, tell everyone your dating your sister and youll fit right in Eek

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
Ken, I'm sorry I don't understand what you don't understand?

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Joel Babcock
posted Hide Post
We were there last weekend, it was fun. Sunday Sydney raced, her 1st race in 8 months after her shoulder surgery. She was 1st in the combined Womens, +30 and 250 Beg class and 3rd in Open MC.

We'll be back next year. It's small and an old arena, but it's a place to ride.

Posts: 405 | Location: Auburn Wash | Registered: Mon April 25 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ryan Kummerfeldt and i were planning on hitting up oak wood next weekend for some arenacross like riding. and from what ui understand its practice saturday in the evening for bikes then race on sunday??
Collin Jurin

Posts: 6 | Location: monroe | Registered: Tue November 03 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I believe that's changed. Carol isn't running it anymore. Somehwere out there is a flyer for the new set up. I think define the moment had it

Here is the link:

http://www.definethemoment.net/news/?p=1921

It doesn't look like a practice until December 9th but there does seem to be a short practice session the day of the race.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Anybody got a layout (week-by-week). Is it 2-3-4 lane with triples, tables, whoops etc?

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
That sucks no practices on weekends.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Workman #21:
Anybody got a layout (week-by-week). Is it 2-3-4 lane with triples, tables, whoops etc?

Not sure what it will be like with Ken making the track. It used to be "rough scrambles" old guy and kid friendly.
PS: I'm typing this at 30,000 feet from Atlanta to Seattle. Delta has internet :-)

Picture of honda 250r
posted Hide Post
If you go to the arenacross topic and look under places to practice it has the Oakwood information>>

Posts: 150 | Location: stanwood | Registered: Sun November 25 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
799s Dad, I did but found it wanting so thought I'd ask.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TJ 755
posted Hide Post
It was great out there yesterday. They did improve the place a little, it was noticeable.
I would say for a first race effort (actually second counting the quads on Sat.) everything went off with out a hitch. The track was fine, it was not full blown AX but a little more challenging than the typical Kell or Fay tracks of the past. Fair turn out and it seemed like fun was had by all. Good job Ken! Oh yeah...it was sooo nice w/out quads.

Posts: 87 | Location: North Bend | Registered: Fri March 28 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Levi
posted Hide Post
I went out to oakwood yesterday just to check it out and see the "new" improvements and wasn't very impressed. i noticed some little things such as no more insulation hanging from the roof about to fall and a starting gate, but the track to me was no arenacross. They just need a better track layout that doesn't waste as much space and the start crossing over through the track didn't look to appealing. Also paying 35 bucks a little high.
thats just my 2 cents though

Posts: 178 | Location: washington | Registered: Wed January 23 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
This is a Cut-N-Past from another thread on this forum. It's a group of objects sized-to-scale and initially arranged so as to provide a visual representation of WHAT a "AX" track could be like.

I say could-be because if we don't let the "PROMOTER" "KNOW" what we want then we get what the only option left. To complain.

Speak-Yer-Mind!

[Track Components]

[Track Components Laid out]

[Track Rendered]

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
I'm guessing that the biggest limitation on building a "spec" A/C track would be the lack of dirt there.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
AT LEAST THIS IS AN INDOOR PLACE TO RIDE! If you havent noticed there arent to many places to ride indoors anymore.

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
I didnt mind it the way it is.I would like some woops thou.Atleast they had a straitaway.In the chilawack,bc arenacross there is no strait....

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kawiracer945
posted Hide Post
I also thought the track was fun! Give these people a couple races to get dialed in! The track was not the best but it was fun! After the first week im sure they will get feedback and make some changes! For the first race of the season at oakwood things could have been alot worse.....

Posts: 56 | Location: Bellingham wa | Registered: Mon December 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron:
I'm guessing that the biggest limitation on building a "spec" A/C track would be the lack of dirt there.
True enough Aaron but if nobody says anything then how's the promototer to know. It's one thing to talk-the-talk quite another to walk-the-walk.

My opinion...Promoters will do what ever it takes to get peeps (you-&-me) to attend.

I got my fave's (driving distance) for sure but might be willing to expand.

Picture of FERD285
posted Hide Post
Went out to Oakwood wednesday for an invite only practice session and had a blast. same track as Sunday cause he had to tear it down after the night was over. Talked to Ken and he said it's like anything else you try for the first time just need to work the bugs out and get a feel for what people want. don't knock it til you try it will be what I suggest to this venue. Ken and team did a great job for their first time.

Posts: 263 | Location: Olympia, WA | Registered: Mon November 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a schedule for this place?

Posts: 67 | Location: bonney lake | Registered: Wed December 31 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post