Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

US OPEN
 Login/Join

posted
Lacey,Horban,Crater all at US OPEN!! Seems like this event has lost a lot of its hype? Stewie walks off with the money so most don't come out to play? Wondering how riders get in(Crater)?reason being Loop,Mull were hyped along with Bowers,Callias as going from the WARTHOG camp. Looked up results and didn't see lots of names I was looking for including Mull/Loop?? JR
Reread above and NOT questioning Crater getting in just asking HOW? this event worked from someone who was there!!

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
"Wondering how riders get in(Crater)?"

Setting here in Gods wonder land, North Bend WA., I was wondering the same but grateful that he did.

Maybe it's dem LOBBYISTS.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
Na its how ya brush yer teeth and comb yer hair

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Vetmx808
posted Hide Post
I have thought the same...

Chase Lock is from Bozeman, Montana...

He is fast, but no disrespect to him, but I know 5-6 local pros that would put the hurt on him pretty bad.

Plus, he has never qualified for a national or supercross either????

Things that make you go Hmmmmm....

Posts: 582 | Location: Montana | Registered: Mon September 17 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg qualified 30th out of 46. He rode very well. Not much passing, so if you got a bad start forget it. His times were only 4 seconds off of JS That's how close everyone was. During the race Greg was doing everything JS and Villo were doing, his corner speed and starts just were not as good, but given a start I think he could of made it.

TODD CARLSON

Posts: 336 | Location: MT VERNON WA US | Registered: Mon November 17 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
T-C
I get greg 30 of 40,but still wonder what happened to some of the other guys? Did they? just take 40 guys they?picked to get in?? Maybe sort of like how they pick guys to get in at the Nationals for qualifing,still old and confussed by this event! Curious if and how much entry is VS the payout?? Lots of questions and don't really know who to ask!! THANKS JR

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 153
posted Hide Post
here it is guys. They invite all the facory guys and maybe all the top 20 in points from indoor and out then a few standouts maybe. Obviously they dont all want to go so they take a bunch of filler guys to put on the gate so its full. I did not get invited but I called and found out who to talk to and got in. It is fre to enter and the payout for the botom is very much the same as supercross. I think that for 26th I will about a grand. it cost me about 500 in fuel and I got lucky and had a free room waiting for me because I had a bunch of people going down to hang out in vegas that week. I even made 150 on 20 bucks throughout the weekend. there you have it. striaght from the horses mouth.

Posts: 452 | Location: Renton, WA. USA | Registered: Fri December 19 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you!! JR

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you!!

Crater, me too.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rad_mxer317
posted Hide Post
its on an half an hour. 10:30 on cbs.

Posts: 1034 | Location: TUMWATER | Registered: Tue November 25 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK it must be REALLY hard to do a race show on TV. Given the amount of people I see at these racesworking for TV,and the amount of money I guess they spend,WHY DON"T THEY SHOW MORE OF THE RACING!! Watching the 30 sec girl is nice but think they had more time on her than the 85 race.Watching freestyle guys is great but I WANT TO SEE MORE of the racing,Qualifiers,Heats,One on one races,just MORE of the racing WAY LESS on the Rockstar life ,WAY less on ALL the rest of the FILLER that took up most of the first hour of time,seemed more like a 90min paid program then race coveage!! JR

Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
I fell asleep 15min. in.
Did Greg get any camera time?

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Yes Vern he did one nano second and a causal mention.

Sounds like it was a wash for the riders. I know it was one for me. I got so upset at the funk CBS coverage (nearly one hour into) that I went out and cleaned gutters. By the time I got back it was same-o same-o. Bad layout bad coverage think I'll switch to that European Internet thingy. Even if I have to pay.

Aaron Bates...loose da BLACK HAIR! aint doing ya any good. I've been a CBS guy for many many decades all I got to say is FIRE DA PUNK that laid out the programming for this years 2009 US OPEN. One chance dude...you blew it.

Word is the tiny side-plate numbers that the AMA riders were sport'n all year got hucked at the OPEN. Officiating. Sounds like kitchen cupboard matting and 8" numbers were the in thing. Hope those experts had a good time cause this one won't be bothering again for 2010.

Not unless seriously something changes.

Ted where are you when we need you a true free-radical. Speak up man!

posted Hide Post
I have to agree with you guys,that was the worst coverage I have ever seen. Arena Cross had all the heats LCQ`s + both mains 250-450. And no long winded interviews,All in one hour.

Posts: 43 | Location: Lake Stevens | Registered: Tue March 20 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
It sucked. Infomercial-like. How did you guys like the part when Byrner was doing his track walk, and they had sub titles defining what whoops were, "aka moguls."

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agreed. Worst show I have ever seen on TV. Luckily I DVR'd. Even going past the info-mercial style show to the race..... It still was a very poor job in every category!!!!

Posts: 25 | Location: Lynnwood | Registered: Fri January 26 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
How did you guys like the part when Byrner was doing his track walk, and they had sub titles defining what whoops were, "aka moguls."

I didn't mind the sub titles so much as the lack of racing. For the first 15min I said ok it's commercial TV so they gotta get $paid (translation add commercials) but then for the next 15 it was the same so I said maybe it's a fluke and the show's gonna be great but it wasn't and so another 15min and still nutt'n but track walks and promo's. Anything but racing.

Sorry CBS. If it's a choice between cleaning gutters in a NW rain storm or watching my most beloved MX on yer network well I go for the former. Gutters podium position #1, Laundry #2, and CBS Vegas coverage #3.

Those of you that know me know how much I despise PPT (PowerPoint) presentations. I'd be willing to bet a one of those had plenty to do with this years coverage of da US Open at Vegas.

Argh!

Peace-be-upon-you-brothers-and-sisters (as I listen to Little Drummer Boy Christmas music in October)....ahhhh. I say this with visions of many "Toasted Jalapeno, Onion and Olive Steak & Cheese topped with Chipotle sauce" sandwichs dancing in my head.

Picture of Aaron
posted Hide Post
Yes, thank God for the DVR.

Posts: 2216 | Location: Marysville | Registered: Sat March 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mike Flynn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Workman #21:
Gutters podium position #1, Laundry #2, and CBS Vegas coverage #3.

HAHAHAHAHAHA Ken you had me laughing out loud on that one!

---------------------------------
http://www.definethemoment.net - Your source for Northwest race coverage!

Posts: 131 | Location: Renton, WA | Registered: Tue January 31 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post