Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SX A1 who's going?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
dont you need to ride the 250f class first?

Posts: 50 | Location: everett Wa usa | Registered: Mon January 12 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris
Strange things happen in both SX and MX. A friend of ours rode some 250 and switched to 450 then back to 250 all in one season. Another guy wasn't allowed entry to some of the later races in the season yet they allowed the rider who switched classes entry even though results should have favored the non switching rider?Big deal is if you sign up(and pay) for the whole series you get put to the head of the line.Another friend took the short cut to gettin his PRO card by means of track owner "putting a good word "in for him ,bypassin the need to do Pro-Am races to collect points. OVERALL kinda "SUCKS" Oh thats just my opinion. JR VENTING!!
PS "SORRY" should try to stick with origin of post ,how about local guys like Jake A.,Howell and other fast kids trying to make the show down south!

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greg726
posted Hide Post
Talked to Drew Ivey last night and he said jake and chris were at comp edge earlyer in the week...

Posts: 135 | Location: Kennewick wa | Registered: Mon September 24 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
PRO card by means of track owner "putting a good word "in for

quote:
comp edge earlyer in the week...

Comp Edge location - Google Maps

P.S..."You MUST have a current AMA Pro License/FIM License to ride this track"

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IF? you know the "RIGHT" people you can get a Pro card,without going the normal route. Washougal helped a local rider get in at the national by vouching for his ability,bypassing the need to earn points by doing the Pro-Am races which is how most riders get thir card.Nice kid,the people at Washougal had the right reasons for their actions,personally ??
Talked with a local pro last night and he was down in Ca. trainning for SX at tracks and not enough points yet for card.
Dad "CAUGHT" stealing a factory bike at a Am national results were kid was banned from racing peroid.Earlier this year a guy was helping this kid get into SX this year,AMA was tellin him to keep it quiet and it would happen! Unfair,NOT RIGHT,WRONG,whatever it is the way it is! JR
DANG, ranting again! Latest rider who will be doing SX is Tiger Lacey, missing round 1 (making $$ SX'ing in Germany) new Mech. "Booth?"Adam Metzler's/Abrigo ex nech starting at round 2 in the lights class!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Dang MX sounds like the banking situation all over again ban the regulators cause they-be-regulating (ref: Glass-Steagall)

Pretty sad pic you paint here for our riders (I'm still 50-50 on yer input) but if truth be told I'm for sending our own over to the continent where MX (AX) is respected and $paid for.

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
KW
No sad pic from my point of view,just reality from personal experences. Kid I helped this last year stiffed me yet a few years back some So-Cal guy bought me a new 250YZ took a year to repay him.I learned a lot about the pro scene ths last year some good some not so much,pretty open about my thoughts. JR"very old and blunt"

Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Don't go slamming that "very old and blunt" door to fast MX cause I'm right behind ya. I've been stiffed many times over the years but never by a pro - those guys have always been way cool. Maybe it's me maybe them don't know but what I do know is this...if you plant one of those Subway most magnificent "Toasted Jalapeno, Onion and Olive Steak & Cheese topped with Chipotle sauce" sandwiches in front of my face I'm gonna dive in - with hugh grins ... Wahoo!

Doc says I'm supposed to loose weight (ha?). What's a svelte 200lber like myself supposed to do?

posted Hide Post
KW
Just stop at the Safeway and grab a bottle of KOMBUCHA to go with that sandwhich, the pounds will just exit! Multi-Green is really tasty! JR