E.W. Motocross Schools    Northwest Motocross Forum    Northwest Motocross Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Racing  Hop To Forums  Local boys on the road    Local boys did ok last night at s/x
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Local boys did ok last night at s/x
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I heard Josh Jackson will be going to Salt Lake. They did put 5 huuuuge bags of lime in on Thursday while building the track.

Chris' dad

Posts: 28 | Location: Olalla,WA | Registered: Thu December 04 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spin05:
does anybody know how many NW guys are doing Salt Lake too???? I know Ross Johnson is......So we will see if they like a more normal S/X track better...
i was told chris howell is going also. go get em chris

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wasn't deaming about Anaheim dirt, just dirt that has some binder to hold it together. I think our NW ridrs would have done just as well with and maybe better with real dirt. There is not a single track in the northwest that rutts like back east or Cali when its muddy.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mx510
posted Hide Post
While I would not have liked to race a track that gnarly, it was freakin cool to watch. It was fun to see something different! I think that SX tracks become very cookie cutter like and when you can add something like peg grabbing, leg grabbing ruts its cool. I think its kinda fun to watch the worlds best struggle, it makes me at least realize how bad ass they really are. Seattle was cool, at least we have a SX now!

Posts: 435 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Fri August 01 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Osaka #627
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul 061:
I'd like to hear how Osaka felt about his first supercross experience.

Heyyy Paul. A little late, but I'll chime in.

It was fun to say the least. Actually. I had a blast. I didn't ride very well, I got really tired and just didn't get motivated on the track, but all in all I had an awesome time. (spoken like a true loser hahaha)

The track...... The track was different. I would compare it to a tempurpedic mattress. You could make a foot print, the dirt would mold to your foot, but as soon as you lifted your foot it would go right back to how it was. Somewhat like memory foam haha.

The dirt. The dirt was different. It was tacky, power robbing, and soft. Comparable to Woodland on a perfect day. It was deep. The track never looked the same twice. You hit a rut 1 lap, you better not expect to hit the same the next. It was definately rutted. The hardest jump on the track was the finish line in my opinion, and the ruts after it were even gnarlier.

I didn't have much time to prepare, only rode a handful of times since February, but I was ecstatic just to be there, and hope to do all the west coast rounds next year. If so I will be prepared & ready to rock and roll.

I'd like to say thanks to AES racing for the food and everything and to the Devol family for making such an awesome pit and all the support. With my Dad just coming out of heart surgery, I've been doing this on my own, and it probably wouldn't have been possible without there support including Brandon Thomas for helping me get my bike prepped and ready. Thank you everyone.

Brett Osaka #627

The Asian Sensation - Stirring Sh** Since '89.

Posts: 693 | Location: Milton, WA | Registered: Tue November 30 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post