Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Russians are here
 Login/Join

posted
Albany Wed practice had a couple out of country riders. Fairly fast Russian pro riders have been riding the local tracks lately. Albany got the better of one yesterday. Really gnarley crash over the "Sand Lake" tripple left #118 out for a few minutes then not sure he knew where he was at,buddy #114 did the same thing we do as riders ,parked his bike in front of friend to stop oncomming trafic from hitting fallen rider/buddy!Must be really difficult for someone from a different country/language to get hurt,I can't imagine being in their situation. Watching them ride,had to ask "who" are they,riding style is different from here,FAST BUT HARD?BRUTAL?WAY OVERJUMP STUFF?,talked a little no russian/little english,but thought #118 would be ok. JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Saw'em up here in NW Richland area last PRO race. Was impressed with attitude come second day. Hard push by #118, #114 was consistent (hope I got the numbers right) was pushing myself for a face-to-face appreciation note but backed off, language. ARGH! Ruminer packed in #118? last-lap-big-sweepr cause he had to. #118 thanked'em (I think) at the checkered flag.

It musta been (is) hard for those guys coming over here. Plenty respect from this ole-fart for'em just making the trip.

Who sponsored'em?

Best Wishes #118 and #114

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
If their ridng style is "FAST BUT HARD?BRUTAL?WAY OVERJUMP STUFF?" then I'd say the Russian Mafia. Sounds like they must try ALL ways to win or else they "disappear" Smile

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Between mis-spelling and old-thinking,might have lost something in the post. The two guys wern't takin people aka 211,just really attacking the track without being coached about that "Slow down to go FASTER thing??"KW you should have talked with them ,seems nice and friendly. JR

Enjoy Racing & Riding for Fun!
Be a Good Sportsmen (or women)!

Posts: 767 | Location: Oregon | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
quote:
KW you should have talked with them ,seems nice and friendly

I hear ya JR ... for sure. Same thing happend to me in 1987ish when AMA said "if ya got the speed then we need you for Seattle SX" I passed but my bud Eugene Tom accepted (anybody know Downtown Harley, Seattle). ARGH! it was one of those regretable moments we all face in life. I backed down Gene went for the gold ring. My bud Pike was getting married about then so I was on-my-own. Hindsight's 20-20. I regret not going SX at least once but respect my decision. Today I have respect, perspective, and appreciation. I have wants.

Problem is ... it seems that one can't have perspective if one hasn't had experiences but experiences can $cost one a-plenty. I've had my share for sure and am thankfull for everyday I'm here. I can walk, I can talk, I'm getting fatter every day and I appreciate the efforts that our many NW riders are putting in (people-are-watching) as they train hard. So I have a question. Q: How is one to empart a history in a meaningfull way to the youth of today so as to help them be better than those that came before?

How can one teach the good line?

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
I was just checking up on the Gold Star Series race results and I noticed these two Russian dudes raced the Washougal round. I was wondering if anyone knows why they were BOTH DSQ in the 250A class? Kind of strange that BOTH would be DQed. I've seen first hand/heard stories of non-locals being messed over at Washougal but there were no "locals" in that class.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRA-742
posted Hide Post
I seen team kgb ridin at horn last saturday an i heard they raced sunday i was told one of them used to ride for a factory ktm team out of moscow an the other is from ukrane-

Posts: 677 | Location: KENNEWICK | Registered: Sat November 22 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post