Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TOP GUN SEPTEMBER 4,5,6
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Sharkey. What weather report are you looking at?
I'm getting 10% chance and 72 to 75 degrees.
Perfect racing weather!

MXPPA on Friday dude!

You will find multipe safe and round step-ups all around Washougal for this weekend. Serious fun factor!

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
im looking forward to it, riding , camp fires, good food and conversation, good times

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Ted,

I'm of the opinion that our own (MXPPA) member Brian may be ahead of his time, after all it is all temporal so who's to say what happens or when or to whom? Today, Tomorrow, Yesterday, it could all be the same. Perhaps next weeks temps and weather will be the same as this or perhaps one of Subways most magnificent "Toasted Jalapeno, Onion and Olive Steak & Cheese topped with Chipotle sauce sandwich" will alter it's makeup, could happen! It's all about time so who's to say. I'm still waiting for an answer to my question ... WHO INVENTED IT!!! It's all relative.

I got mine, you got yers', we all got each other. It's MX and we all know what that means.

Got Garrett's Flyer in the mail today ... best-ever, Quad-Fold, only wish I could jump a bike as good as you guys market yer shows.

Top Gun, 2010, Washougal, WA. Summer time...Dang!

cite... ( http://www.ajsonline.org/cgi/c...t/abstract/263/2/110)

==================================

Time, space, and causality in geomorphology

S. A. Schumm, and R. W. Lichty

Distinctions between cause and effect in landform development depend on the span of time involved and the size of the geomorphic system under consideration.

Depending upon the temporal and areal frame of reference, variables such as channel morphology may be either dependent or independent.

In terms of geologic time, landforms represent a stage in an erosion cycle and are dependent on time.

On a short-term basis, components of geomorphic systems may be regarded as systems in dynamic equilibrium or in a steady state and are independent of time.

==================================

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
The only practice is on Saturday morning, 1 moto per day, 4 or 5 laps, one moto per day. Top Gun is more about the atmosphere and friends than the racing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Paul 061,

------------------------------------
If you wanna live life on your own terms you
Gotta be willing to - CRASH AND BURN! ...

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
paul they have practice friday from 10-3

Posts: 1322 | Location: lake stevens | Registered: Thu October 06 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I was thinking he was asking about pre race morning practices.

Posts: 3122 | Location: Puyallup | Registered: Wed August 04 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bearmore
posted Hide Post
Thanks Paul. Yes I was referring to race day practice. Kind of bummed that there is no morning practice on all the days. Not surprising though being you pay more and get less and less all the time.

More so I have not been on my bike but once in the last two years (the last time over a year ago) so I would have liked the seat time.

Posts: 445 | Location: Whidbey Island | Registered: Fri March 09 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paul, we will miss you!
Aren't there usually hot laps before motos on Sunday and Monday? Seems like it. If there were practice every morning it would not leave enough time in the evening for potlucks, tug o war and Goon racing. It's all about the fun!

Posts: 43 | Location: washington | Registered: Mon July 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paul 061
posted Hide Post
I think the first 3 motos get hot laps.

I'll miss you guys also. Perhaps next year :-)

posted Hide Post
All the other events of this stature and size t usually have no practice after the first day. Loretta Lynns excluded. It's a week long.
They get a hot lap.

We did a hot lap one year and it took way longer than running a regular morning practice.

It's a race so we want longer races.

Posts: 1904 | Location: enumclaw | Registered: Mon August 22 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Workman #21
posted Hide Post
Sounds good all, I’ll make an attempt to show. Been working my way out of a 2007-2009 hole and glad to say I see daylight. 2010’s been one of the worst physiologically. My ears are growing longer as is my nose and don’t know if its Subway or me newly busted toe (sounds like a country song) but when 2011 shows, I hope it does, then MX is on again and maybe just maybe I’ll have a new I-knew that blows.

Ted, sorry I couldn’t resist that last bit. Twas I that had you in mind at point of writing, might have something for ya in 2011.

Anymore I gotta have a 150f heater blasting on my bio-knee just to stop the pain of its screws-n-plates-n-pins from driving me crazy. Geo-pressure-changes are my nemesis and booze helps stop it as do pills but both be bad for practice days.

I'm 56 years old I have to admit I have dealt with my own bio-mechanical pain for 30 odd years now. Back in the day Doc said when the pain gets bad enough we’ll take it out. I guess today is what he was talking about.

We’re just about there.

Ouch! It aint a broken collar bone, wrists, back, tibia or fibula bones. Had’em. Forget the lacerations, cuts, scrapes, rips, tears, separations and gouges. That’s all superficial. It’s all about BAROMETRIC PRESSURE CHANGES!

Bone-and-metal-expand-at-different-rates and it’s that difference that has been driving this ole man crazy for what seems like all of 2010.

Word is a young man died on the track today (Sunday Aug 29, 2010) at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Bone-Metal-Pressure, Who am I to complain.

Nobody

Posts: 2492 | Location: North Bend, WA | Registered: Wed June 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
be safe and have fun.remember go team.

Tory's Dad (289)

Posts: 119 | Location: pacific,wa. | Registered: Tue December 20 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of daddio
posted Hide Post
We had a really good time at Top Gun this year.
I rode a dirt bike on a track for the first time in years, and Reed did his first outdoor mx race on his RM and finished 9th out of 30.
NTS.

Posts: 231 | Location: kent,wa | Registered: Thu September 16 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ivest4
posted Hide Post
So lets hear it.... How was the weekend? Who went big, wide or end over end? I was out, on call for a trip to Germany..work related. Roll Eyes

Posts: 388 | Location: Arlington | Registered: Tue January 24 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of E.W. #849
posted Hide Post
I know!! Me too!!!
I heard there was some big wad ups??

Posts: 3404 | Location: Bothell, WA | Registered: Wed November 12 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spin05
posted Hide Post
Well weather was great. Ted ran the track backwards wich was great.Put a big dog-leg 1/2 way down horsepower.Good racing 4 sure. Anstett cleaned up in the pro class.Justin Hill crushed the INT class.Ian Mcginnis crushed the Jr class.Had some bad crashes on sunday.One of wich took out the finish line flagger.Thats about it in a nut shell......

#329 40+ class

Posts: 808 | Location: camano is,wa | Registered: Sun September 03 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of motox247
posted Hide Post
We came home with two broken bikes, but no broken bones, and a well-deserved 2nd in Goon Nationals (should have been first, but just maybe I'm biased). There were a few serious wrecks, but given the number of racers and the 4 days of riding, I don't know that it was more injury-filled than any other big race... Great weather, good times!

two4seven (or his mom)

Posts: 196 | Location: Ferndale, WA | Registered: Fri August 31 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of B Sharkey
posted Hide Post
finally some good weather. 85 and sunny friday, low to mid 70s the rest of the weekend and sun and just a little bit of rain saturday night but it was gone early sun morning.good racing in alot of classes and alot of fun entertainment in the evenings!!!!!!!!good times

Picture of Vern#119
posted Hide Post
So did anyone ride the event.? Ride report?

Posts: 1497 | Location: Auburn | Registered: Sat August 21 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rays Dad
posted Hide Post
Loved the track, rode as hard as I ever have but got beat by a guy 70+ years old named Fred Villapoto. Was on his tail all weekend what a hardass he didn't even wear gloves. Was told every start was videotaped and should be posted on youtube-will post link as soon as I find it.

Posts: 582 | Location: Tacoma | Registered: Tue June 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post